Looking For Crane/triumph Duet

Hooves

Hello Concertina aficionados,

I'm looking for a Crane (triumph) system duest. I would rather get one of the snmaller 35key types, as I know they generally run lower in price.

If you have an old Crane/Triumph you might think of parting with, send me an email.

I'm looking for a Crane (triumph) system duest. I would rather get one of the snmaller 35key types, as I know they generally run lower in price.

If you have an old Crane/Triumph you might think of parting with, send me an email.

Greetings... I just had my Triumph returned from the Button Box for a complete refurbishing... Pads, valves, springs, A=440 tuning, and cosmetics... That maintenace cost was $1600 (you are welcome to contact the Button Box and ask Bob what he thought of the concertina)... I therefore have $3200 into the box... It is gorgious 55 key... I have a number of concertinas and this is the most mellow tone of the bunch (including my recent Dipper)... I would sell it for my cost, $3200

Greetings... I just had my Triumph returned from the Button Box for a complete refurbishing... Pads, valves, springs, A=440 tuning, and cosmetics... That maintenace cost was $1600 (you are welcome to contact the Button Box and ask Bob what he thought of the concertina)... I therefore have $3200 into the box... It is gorgious 55 key... I have a number of concertinas and this is the most mellow tone of the bunch (including my recent Dipper)... I would sell it for my cost, $3200

Thanks, but thats just a little out of my price range. Its sounds lieka fine instrument however I'm more interested in the 35-46 button models as I know they go for much less. Someday I might get a 55 key, but not anytime soon.

Hello

I just won a Crane concertina on eBay and the item number 300051437259. Were you looking for a 35 button Crane like this one? After looking at it do you think this is a Duet concertina?

Kevin

Edited by oldsalt

Hello

I just won a Crane concertina on eBay and the item number 300051437259. Were you looking for a 35 button Crane like this one? After looking at it do you think this is a Duet concertina?

Kevin

Yes, I would say that is most likely a duet. It has the right layout, I don't think it could be anything but a crane/triumph system duet.

have you had a chance to try the instrument out?

Thats pretty much what Im looking for, though I suspect that box has never been retuned since its original construction. Do you play/hear notes well enough to tell if its in tune with itself?

thanks

Hello

Kevin

Yes, I would say that is most likely a duet. It has the right layout, I don't think it could be anything but a crane/triumph system duet.

have you had a chance to try the instrument out?

Thats pretty much what Im looking for, though I suspect that box has never been retuned since its original construction. Do you play/hear notes well enough to tell if its in tune with itself?

thanks

Hello again

I found the layout of the Crane Duet button configuration on concertina.com.

http://www.concertina.com/crane-duet/Wilto...Crane-Tutor.pdf

The concertina is in transit to me from the UK. I will let you know it's condition and how it plays when it arrives.

Let me know your thoughts after looking at the 35 button duet layout.

thanks

Kevin

Hello again

The concertina is in transit to me from the UK. I will let you know it's condition and how it plays when it arrives.

thanks

Kevin

Yes Ive seen the layouts on concertina.com, I have looked through a lot of material on that site, including the McCaan and Hayden duet layouts.

Did you think you were bidding on something else other than a crane duet?

Hello again

thanks

Kevin

Yes Ive seen the layouts on concertina.com, I have looked through a lot of material on that site, including the McCaan and Hayden duet layouts.

Did you think you were bidding on something else other than a crane duet?

No~ I was certain it was a Crane, but not completely sure it was a Duet. The number of buttons is what through me a bit off base. Do you know the minimum number of buttons a duet is suppose to have?

Thank you.

No~ I was certain it was a Crane, but not completely sure it was a Duet. The number of buttons is what through me a bit off base. Do you know the minimum number of buttons a duet is suppose to have?

But a Crane is a duet system.

As Theo said, a "Crane" concertina is always a duet, the system is also known as "Triumph" in the Salvation Army.

I've got a 55k Crane Lachenal New Model for sale, see the link in my signature. It's in very good condition, drop me a line if you're interested!

Edited by Cream-T

As Theo said, a "Crane" concertina is always a duet, the system is also known as "Triumph" in the Salvation Army.

I've got a 55k Crane Lachenal New Model for sale, see the link in my signature. It's in very good condition, drop me a line if you're interested!

Ive seen several very nice 55 key cranes up on the block, but what I would like to find is the less desrirable and thus less expensive 35-42 key models. I've never played duet and after examing the systems availble, I have decided the Crane/Triumph looks like something I would like to try.

I would think there would be lots of the Triumph Salvation Army boxs about since I read the SA had a fleet of box players.

• 3 weeks later...
Watch out for small inexpencive Duets.

They're not of high quality and for Duet you need good bellows, because low notes will quickly use the air off.

I had wondered about that especially with the Triumph sytem duets as I know the SA players tended to use chordal accompianment, so it seems like they would need more bellow folds or bigger bellows to keep from running out of air.

Most of the Duets I have seen pictures of, or read the dimesnsions in descriptions, were the typical sized concertinas, which is what I'm looking for. I had not noticed if the MaCaan system duets were larger/smaller, or bellows fold count, but I have seen some of the Hayden sytems and they look to be larger.

Edited by Hooves