Klezmer Arrangements

m3838

Anybody can recommend good accordion arrangements of Klezmer music, where full harmony trebble part can be suitable for English Concertina?

I'm going through my books and all I see is melody with chords symbols above.

I usually put the notes on the stave, and then see, which combination fit, but it's a tedious process and goes very slowly. Would be nice to have ready arrangements, done by professionals.

Thanks.

m3838

I'm out of my element and have never listened to this style of music before, but it is interesting. Maybe, maybe not, but would there be anything here:

http://ecf-guest.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/tunef...00&thresh=5

that could be useful?? :unsure:

I could learn to like it, and am still trainable but it's slow.

Leo

m3838

I'm out of my element and have never listened to this style of music before, but it is interesting. Maybe, maybe not, but would there be anything here:

http://ecf-guest.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/tunef...00&thresh=5

that could be useful?? :unsure:

I could learn to like it, and am still trainable but it's slow.

Leo

Man, couldn't even understand how to open those files. Some formats of the Internet, that is beyond my amateur's ability.

I'll keep looking. There are many books, as Klezmer is quite popular, but most have only melody.

OOPS! Sorry about that. The txt format will display the abc. Copy and then paste in The Tune-O-Tron (Famous abc converter from concertina.net). PDF format display in Adobe. gif displays picture of tune similar to picture attachments. PNG displays picture of tune also. MIDI format plays tune in standard MIDI player. Some tunes have more information than others.

Hope it helps

Leo

OOPS! Sorry about that. The txt format will display the abc. Copy and then paste in The Tune-O-Tron (Famous abc converter from concertina.net). PDF format display in Adobe. gif displays picture of tune similar to picture attachments. PNG displays picture of tune also. MIDI format plays tune in standard MIDI player. Some tunes have more information than others.

Hope it helps

Leo

Oh, sorry, it works, I was clicking on the file with no contents, no wonder.

Interesting site, thank you. Only they have some songs, that are not Klezmer. One, "All my Love" is a Gypsi song: "Two Guitars". And some more.

Interesting site, thank you. Only they have some songs, that are not Klezmer. One, "All my Love" is a Gypsi song: "Two Guitars". And some more.

AH! see how little I know about this style of music. Perhaps it be better if I sit back and watch what others come up with. Maybe pick up some new knowledge. :)

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo