Fallon Cases

Looking for user reviews of Sean Fallon cases. Specifically, I'm considering a double case; wondering about durability, how well the instruments are cushioned (I'm klutzy, and more likely to bang the case into a wall when carrying it than to step on it or kick it, so cushioning is important) and weight.

Looking for user reviews of Sean Fallon cases. Specifically, I'm considering a double case; wondering about durability, how well the instruments are cushioned (I'm klutzy, and more likely to bang the case into a wall when carrying it than to step on it or kick it, so cushioning is important) and weight.

Our own Greg Jowaisis also makes beautiful cases. I have two and am very happy with them. I've heard that the Fallons are also good. It comes down to a choice between Greg's traditional looking cases and the ATA look of the Fallons. I supsect you won't go far wrong with either. Pricing is very similar.

Our own Greg Jowaisis also makes beautiful cases. I have two and am very happy with them. I've heard that the Fallons are also good. It comes down to a choice between Greg's traditional looking cases and the ATA look of the Fallons. I supsect you won't go far wrong with either. Pricing is very similar.

both are great cases. i only have fallon right now (my carroll will come with one of greg jowaisas'), but ive seen several of gregs cases and was equally impressed. email greg to ask him if he does double cases: gjowaisas@insightbb.com . i'll list the issues surrounding each as i see them.

i dont remember, but i'm pretty sure that he fallon case is heavier than one of gregs. especially

i like the handle placement on the fallon cases better. something about putting the handle directly on the lid makes me feel uneasy. i dont think its truly a problem because most of the cases i have seen otherwise seem to have handle placement on top. as far as durability goes, i think that they are both extremely well made and protect the instrument perfectly. one downside of the fallon cases is that they look indestructable, which might make someone picking it up think that the instrument inside wont be damaged from rough treatment of the case.

the one thing i liked about greg's single cases is that they seem to have more crannies to stuff screwdrivers or paper. i also remember greg's cases as being much easier to place a concertina in (from the perspective of someone who had no idea how to do such a thing). i have already had people try to place my concertina in my fallon case to no avail--although i think it is fairly straightforward, i'm worried that an unsupervised person might close the top on it without realizing it is not in the case.

the one thing i liked about greg's single cases is that they seem to have more crannies to stuff screwdrivers or paper. i also remember greg's cases as being much easier to place a concertina in (from the perspective of someone who had no idea how to do such a thing). i have already had people try to place my concertina in my fallon case

Thanks for the info (and Paul, too).

One other factor for me: I use the case a lot as a footrest when playing standing up. Is the Fallon, with its thermoplastic veneer, better for that kind of abuse?

Jim,

I have a Fallon case; it is constructed well and could probably be used as a foot rest. The padding top and bottom is approx. 1/4" with dense foam corner blocks. I particularly like the catch which shows no signs of opening once closed.

Dave

Looking for user reviews of Sean Fallon cases.

On the topic of cases, I picked up my "new" Edeophone yesterday and while the instrument is fine (thanks to Andrew Norman), the case is the original and is falling apart. Does anyone know a leather worker in the UK who might be able to restore the case? I know I could buy a new one, but would prefer to keep the original if possible.

Thanks,

I have a Fallon case for my Edgley and I love it!!!!

For those of you who don't know, I am a klutz, I have a 95-pound puppy in my home AND an overly-inquisitive toddler. The Fallon case will stand up to all that and more.

And as soon as I can afford it, I'm getting another one for my Wheatstone. Custom-blocked, of course.

i like the handle placement on the fallon cases better. something about putting the handle directly on the lid makes me feel uneasy. i dont think its truly a problem because most of the cases i have seen otherwise seem to have handle placement on top. case.

My Bb/F Jeffries has a Dipper case (doubt if it is his latest type ) with the handle on the side with the latch rather than on top. It is the only case I have had nearly open up on me while carrying it when my thumb brushed the latch. I am careful to pick it up with my hand going the other way now. I think for security it is hard to beat double latches. Handle placement isn't much of an issue then. A concertina can get dumped out if the lid opens regardless of where the handle is. Only thing I avoid like the plague is a box with the handle on the end like the old hexagonal cases Jeffries cases.

Dana

A Fallon Case came with my Edgley. Fits very snug, and is very tough, never opens by accident, and has a shoulder strap. So, I have one custom built for my G. E. Jones 42-button whose original case was destroyed.

I took photos of the Jones, used MS-Paint to mark the measurements of the insturment on the jpeg image photos, and emailed them to Mr. Fallon. Fallon made the case perfectly to size.

I am considering ordering yet another Fallon case for my Lachenal 56-key MacCann Duet since that one has one of those antique hexagonal original cases.

Edited by AlexCJones