Significant Ebay Change

Chris Timson

This is what they say:-

Here’s what will change for listings with a high bid of £100 or more:

* On the bid history page for each listing we’ll replace member User IDs with aliases (such as Bidder 1, Bidder 2 and Bidder 3) in the order of their bids placed. For each bidder involved in a listing, we’ll display the number of bids in unique categories that they’ve placed, a range that their feedback score falls within (i.e. 10-49, for instance), their percentage of positive feedback, their length of time as an eBay member, and the number of bids they’ve placed on the item. At the end of a listing, the winning bidder’s User ID will be displayed on the item page. Please note: Sellers will still be able to access bidder information on their listings through the Bid History page and the My eBay selling table.

* In My eBay, members will no longer have access to the high-bidder column from bid and watch tables.

* On the item page, you’ll only be able to see the high-bidder ID if you are the signed-in seller of the item or the signed-in high bidder.

* Through the Advanced Search by Bidder link, we’ll only show completed listings within the last 30 days.

Nothing changes for auctions that stay under £100. It's apparently being rolled out in the UK next week and the States next year.

To me it makes a lot of sense, but it's sad because I quite enjoyed seeing what people I know are up to.

Chris

This is what they say:-

* Through the Advanced Search by Bidder link, we’ll only show completed listings within the last 30 days.

Nothing changes for auctions that stay under £100. It's apparently being rolled out in the UK next week and the States next year.

To me it makes a lot of sense, but it's sad because I quite enjoyed seeing what people I know are up to.

Chris

It's already here, Chris. However, it's not all bad news; you just have to spend more time as a detective, and make a few guesses. :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

As it turns out, seller of item 1, and highest bidder of item 2 (I happened to see the bidding) are the same person. Now, we cannot know for certain, but the star colour may give some hints.

Regards,

Peter.