Herbert Ayers

Richard Carlin

post-625-1163610687_thumb.jpgI recently obtained the attached photo of Herbert Ayers holding what appears to be a tortoise shell Wheatstone -- it is dated 1948 and signed. Judging from his snappy attire, I'd say he was a nightclub performer -- I have a very similar photo of Boris Matusewitch during his nightclub days (the pose is nearly identical -- which makes me wonder if this is also the work of Bruno of Hollywood, the celebrity photographer who took Boris's picture -- this one is unlabeled).

Anyhow, anyone with info on Mr. Ayers -- who he was, if he is still alive, where he played, etc. -- I'd be most appreciative.

post-625-1163610687_thumb.jpgI recently obtained the attached photo of Herbert Ayers holding what appears to be a tortoise shell Wheatstone -- it is dated 1948 and signed. Judging from his snappy attire, I'd say he was a nightclub performer -- I have a very similar photo of Boris Matusewitch during his nightclub days (the pose is nearly identical -- which makes me wonder if this is also the work of Bruno of Hollywood, the celebrity photographer who took Boris's picture -- this one is unlabeled).

Anyhow, anyone with info on Mr. Ayers -- who he was, if he is still alive, where he played, etc. -- I'd be most appreciative.

Maybe here?

Or maybe this guy from here?