Changing Set Up

I have a Marcus Music concertina I would like to change it's set up to Jefferies style. It is in the key of g/c.

I have tried to e-mail Marcus Music, but the e-mail coms back as undeliverable. Can any one give mean e-mail that I can get to work. Is such a change really hard and can I purchase the necessary reeds and install them my self? I probably would need some directions as to the placement of the new reeds. Also do they have to be tuned in the concertina?

I have tried to e-mail Marcus Music, but the e-mail coms back as undeliverable. Can any one give mean e-mail that I can get to work.

I've used the following recently, with no problem:

mail@marcusmusic.co.uk

Regards,

Peter.

• 1 month later...
I have a Marcus Music concertina I would like to change it's set up to Jefferies style. It is in the key of g/c.

I have tried to e-mail Marcus Music, but the e-mail coms back as undeliverable. Can any one give mean e-mail that I can get to work. Is such a change really hard and can I purchase the necessary reeds and install them my self? I probably would need some directions as to the placement of the new reeds. Also do they have to be tuned in the concertina?

Robert I cant speak to the issue with the email address, but several years back after purchasing my Marcus C/D concertina I sent them an email asking about changing out a couple reeds.

They had no problem with me doing this myself....actually very easy to do. The amazing part was they sent me the reeds free of charge. They told me at the time that they stood by their product and their customers. They wanted me to be happy with my instrument :)

The reeds sets that I changed were to give me a C# on both the draw and press instead of the D# draw C# press that it came with on the right hand accidental row.

The other reed that was changed was the the D draw to an A draw so that the outside key on the left hand G row is now A/B instead of D/B.

In regards to tuning they came pretty much spot on in regards to tuning so I did not have to deal with the tuning issue.