Another Ebay Oddity

Daniel Hersh

Looks like a Hayden duet to me, but with only the left hand end pictured I suppose it could be a modified limited range chemnitzer, which I had heard were to be produced a while back but have never heard anything more about.... (Mr K? Know anything?)

If Daniel gets a reply from the seller to his question, then that will give a fairly clear answer as to what it actually is.

MC

Edited by malcolm clapp

It's a Stagi Hayden duet concertina.

Sure is -- the LH (Bass) side showing. It looks very uncomfortable stretched out like a Slinky in the photo :( . I own this same make and model.

Rich, we have some educating to do -- folks can't even recognize a Hayden when they see one :o

Well, Malcom had the right idea.

AFAIK, this is still the only affordable and readily available Hayden Duet going.

I'll be interested to see how much a duplicate of my box (sans B.Box tuneup) will fetch.

--Mike K.

Edited by ragtimer

I'll be interested to see how much a duplicate of my box (sans B.Box tuneup) will fetch.

--Mike K.

I see it closed out at $785, doing pretty well considering a new one is $900 from The Button Box.

Clearly the winning bidder knew it was a Hayden Duet, but wonder what The B. Box would charge for a tuned-up and checked-out used model nowadays?

Anyway, looks like a Stagi can hold its value. Not that mine is for sale yet :lol:

--Mike K.

--Mike K.

I see it closed out at $785, doing pretty well considering a new one is $900 from The Button Box.

Clearly the winning bidder knew it was a Hayden Duet, but wonder what The B. Box would charge for a tuned-up and checked-out used model nowadays?

Anyway, looks like a Stagi can hold its value. Not that mine is for sale yet :lol:

--Mike K

Thanks for the update, and my apologies for calling it an "oddity". I don't believe that I'd ever seen even a photo of a Hayden before.

I don't believe that I'd ever seen even a photo of a Hayden before.

Daniel,

In that case, take a look at this beauty, made by Steve Dickinson, on the Button Box website :wub: .

Ouch! It has one more button (48) on its RH side alone, than both sides of my Stagi Hayden put together (47)! This is the highest key count I've yet seen even proposed for a Hayden Duet. THough every one of those notes is useful.

A more typical top-grade Hayden is the 47-key Dickinson/Wheatstone that Rich Morse owns and plays very well. ISTR seeing a photo of it somewhere.

--Mike K.