2007 Tedrow Concertina Tour

I play a c/g Lachenal, an alternative would be nice.

Chris and Bob. What sort of dates are we looking at here.

Chris I'm thinking more of the Scandinavian Squeeze in. Do you know the date of that yet ?

Chas

IChris I'm thinking more of the Scandinavian Squeeze in. Do you know the date of that yet ?

Not yet, Jim might have better knowledge than I. Problem is if it's in the UK it would have to be brought to Sweden, which means it might be the only concertina the courier is able to take (assuming they would be as reluctant as I would be to put it in the hold). Or vice versa, if it starts off in Sweden.

Chris

Next destination:

Portland Oregon

is the concertina coming to seattle or olympia? i wasn't quite quick enough to respond to the call for testers, but i'd be interested in trying it out and seeing how it compares to the concertina bob made for me a year ago. also, when is someone going to post some photos or recordings?

Next destination:

Portland Oregon

is the concertina coming to seattle or olympia? i wasn't quite quick enough to respond to the call for testers, but i'd be interested in trying it out and seeing how it compares to the concertina bob made for me a year ago. also, when is someone going to post some photos or recordings?

Email me for an application, Chris. Regarding photos, I have requested photos from the tourists.

IChris I'm thinking more of the Scandinavian Squeeze in. Do you know the date of that yet ?

Not yet, Jim might have better knowledge than I. Problem is if it's in the UK it would have to be brought to Sweden, which means it might be the only concertina the courier is able to take (assuming they would be as reluctant as I would be to put it in the hold). Or vice versa, if it starts off in Sweden.

Chris

Have e-mailed Pontus for possible date of SSI 2007

I am coming over from Sweden/Denmark to England By ferry with my car. For Stowmarket workshop 30th. March and returning after Easter (at Miskin) on 14th. April. That could take care of one of the journeys. Also plan simillar trip in August for Towersy. But as I said what sort of dates are we working on?

Chas

Edited by fidjit

I am coming over from Sweden/Denmark to England By ferry with my car. For Stowmarket workshop 30th. March and returning after Easter (at Miskin) on 14th. April. That could take care of one of the journeys. Also plan simillar trip in August for Towersy. But as I said what sort of dates are we working on?

Bob, does this fit with your UK plans or is it too early?

Chris

Next destination:

Portland Oregon

Email me for an application, Chris. Regarding photos, I have requested photos from the tourists.

Next destination:

Portland Oregon

ok, application request sent...

Bob, does this fit with your UK plans or is it too early?

Chris

There is a slim chance that I will be in Scotland in March for the World Irish Dance Championships. My little step dancing daughter is performing quite well lately. Oireachtas (regional championships for you non Irish Dance persons) are in early December. If she qualifies for Worlds we will be off to Scotland.

We have never been to the UK and are keeping our fingers crossed. We plan to make a furious whirwind tour.

Bob (vaya con concertina) Tedrow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
For anyone who is interested in trying a Tedrow concertina I will be taking my new Tedrow 33 button D/G box to Bradfield in a couple of weeks.

I would love to see your Tedrow G/D 33 button but am stateside. (1) What is your take on it (viz. tone, volume, playability, reed response)? And, (2) what are the extra buttons? (I have a Tedrow C/G and have been very pleased with it but want a G/D with a few more buttons.)

Thanks.