Underground Ernie & The Concertina

Woody

I was watching Underground Ernie on CBeebies (BBC Children's channel in the UK) and noticed that some of the incidental background music sounded like it was being played on a Concertina. Anybody know whether this is the case & who the player might be?

- W

I was watching Underground Ernie on CBeebies (BBC Children's channel in the UK) and noticed that some of the incidental background music sounded like it was being played on a Concertina. Anybody know whether this is the case & who the player might be?

- W

I found this website:

http://www.undergroundernie.com/

Couldn't hear any concertina music (well, I was hoping, not expecting), but players of "Mornington Crescent" will love this site. :) :)

I recognised one voice as that belonging to a certain former England footballer.

Regards,

Peter.

I recognised one voice as that belonging to a certain former England footballer.

He obviously need to boost his income beyong that paid by crisp manufacturers.

Yes; I looked hard, but could not see the packet of crisps. [Note: for non UK members, the brand in question is Walkers Crisps]

- W

Woody

This news article says the group The Wonder Stuff composed and played all the music:

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/w...-name_page.html

A page from the groups unofficial fan website:

http://www.room512.com/biography_pg12.htm

From one of their album notes: "Never Loved Elvis"

The Wonder Stuff:

Miles Hunt (vocals, guitar, harmonica, percussion)

Malc Treece (vocals, guitar)

Martin Bell (guitar, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, accordion, piano)

Paul Cifford (bass); Martin Gilks (drums, percussion)

Additional personnel:Kirsty MacColl (vocals)

Elly Newton, Alison Gabriel (violin)

Genene Edwards (viola)

Judith Fleet (cello)

James Taylor (Hammond organ).

I don't suppose that would prevent a guest musician from appearing aside from this to suit a story line, or maybe harmonica, or accordion. Looks like Miles Hunt is their music writer, and also plays one of the characters a busker (I believe a US street performer?). I can't wait for it to come stateside, it sounds like an entertaining show. B)

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

Not bad if you're under 5. ;-)

I am; 12 times under. I won't grow up, and out of my second, third, or fourth childhood. I forget which. Your original question wasn't clear. Were YOU watching the show? :D

Thanks

Leo :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by Leo

B)-->

QUOTE(Andy B @ Sep 14 2006, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ON a similar topic (well british TV at least), has anyone seen the latest Phones 4 u advert? Ever so slightly bizarre...

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/info/adverts/Paddling.mpg

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Anglo (German) concertina spreads panic!" :unsure:

Regards,

Peter.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Anglo (German) concertina spreads panic!" :unsure:

Be careful. Be very,very careful.

1. Panic= terror.

2. The player is using an African Squash-Box (checkout the fingering).

So when Bush and Bliar bomb Nelson Mandela's bungalow, we'll know all who to point the finger at, Peter.

So when Bush and Bliar bomb Nelson Mandela's bungalow, we'll know all who to point the finger at, Peter.

Bang goes the "Ground Force" garden, then!

On the subject of the concertina, and player, any further information? I know nothing about the Squash-box keyboard, except that it exists. I've tried various searches, without success; how does it differ from the Anglo?

Regards,

Peter.

On the subject of the concertina, and player, any further information? I know nothing about the Squash-box keyboard, except that it exists. I've tried various searches, without success; how does it differ from the Anglo?

Peter,

My humour is about as warped as Woody's picture, so nothing was true (hopefully!). But for instant gratification on many of your Squash box questions see PICA Volume 2 on the ICA site.

best wishes ..wes