Geuns Wakker For Sale

reedbiter

My dire financial conditions have forced me to this...needs a REALLY good home...

111aconcertina.jpg

I have a Geuns-Wakker 30-button C/G anglo concertina. This one has amboyna veneer and an extra fold (seven) in the bellows.

The accidental row has the Wheatstone layout, but I also have an extra C# reed which could be swapped with the D# reed on the pull on the right hand.

In perfect condition, hard case. Email me with any questions. Asking $3000 US. Can ship ASAP.

davidandkora@msn.com

Edited by reedbiter

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give us a picture of the reeds?

Earl

My dire financial conditions have forced me to this...needs a REALLY good home...

111aconcertina.jpg

I have a Geuns-Wakker 30-button C/G anglo concertina. This one has amboyna veneer and an extra fold (seven) in the bellows.

The accidental row has the Wheatstone layout, but I also have an extra C# reed which could be swapped with the D# reed on the pull on the right hand.

In perfect condition, hard case. Email me with any questions. Asking $3000 US. Can ship ASAP.

davidandkora@msn.com

Including what appears to be a new price for this concertina (though without the extra bellows fold) of 2000 Euros, equivalent to $2535.

I'm not sure of it's exact age, though it's certainly not old. In regards to the price (and there was no need to be snide) I did my best to estimate it's value based upon what I saw on the site and the word of the original owner, adding in the benefits of quick ownership/possession etc. and a higher euro valu at the time.

Either way, if you're interested, let me know via email. I'm willing to entertain offers.

Hiya Folks, in the interest of "full disclosure"... The original owner (Jeff Lefferts) has contacted me to share some info. I misquoted him (sorry Jeff, entirely my fault and unintentional) on the value of the concertina...d'oh!

From an email dated March 5th, 2006:

Jeff --> Actually, they've raised the price of their basic model to 1900

euros. So with the extra bellows fold and the amboyna veneer

(and not counting the extra reed), it would retail for $2662 at today's

exchange rate.

Here are links to Henk's recent sale of his similar Geuns-Wakker anglo...

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php...ic=3484&hl=

http://www.anglo-concertina.net/geuns/

Edited by reedbiter

I'm a bit confused. Is this a Wakker model, made with concertina reeds, in which case it seems to be a heck of a value (current price 3200 euros for the base model), or is it a Geuns model, made with accordion reeds? This may make a huge difference for many potential buyers.

Tim

I thought it was pretty clear that it is an accordion-reeded Geuns-Wakker as opposed to a concertina-reeded Wakker.

I think you're right. What confused me was the price as well as the mention of interchangeable reeds, which put me in mind of traditional concertina reeds in dovetailed slots. Concertina Connection have contributed to my confusion, in that the original "Geuns-Wakker" name has now apparently been split into the two current lines. Sorry if I contributed to uncertainty rather than clarity.

um.....again---do you have an age for this instrument? it's a no-brainer, basic fundamental question about an item which is for sale, not to mention a used hybrid concertina priced at $2800.00. "certainly not old" would "certainly" be a red flag for this shopper. thanks.

Okay...let me see if I can clear this up a bit. David doesn't play concertina. He had a hankering to try, and offered to trade a half set of uilleann pipes for a concertina. I decided to go for it. I sent him the concertina in April (2006). Things have changed from him since then, health and financial mishaps. He hasn't been able to play it, and needs the cash.

This is Geuns-Wakker #117, previously owned by "richard" on this board. It's the same one most of my postings on the "C.Net Recorded Tunes Link Page" was recorded on. It's quite a nice instrument. David doesn't know when it was made, it didn't come up in our transaction. I bought it around the middle of 2004, Richard had had it for about a year, so it's from 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure. The Geuns-Wakker concertinas haven't been made for that long. I compared it to my new Wakker concertina just yesterday, and in my review of the touring Tedrow anglo last year. It's the nicest of the accordion-reeded concertinas I've tried.

Make a fair offer, I'm sure David will consider it. I'll take the time to answer some other questions here, as long as they don't require access to the instrument!

um.....again---do you have an age for this instrument? it's a no-brainer, basic fundamental question about an item which is for sale, not to mention a used hybrid concertina priced at $2800.00. "certainly not old" would "certainly" be a red flag for this shopper. thanks.

Okay...let me see if I can clear this up a bit. David doesn't play concertina. He had a hankering to try, and offered to trade a half set of uilleann pipes for a concertina. I decided to go for it. I sent him the concertina in April (2006). Things have changed from him since then, health and financial mishaps. He hasn't been able to play it, and needs the cash.

This is Geuns-Wakker #117, previously owned by "richard" on this board. It's the same one most of my postings on the "C.Net Recorded Tunes Link Page" was recorded on. It's quite a nice instrument. David doesn't know when it was made, it didn't come up in our transaction. I bought it around the middle of 2004, Richard had had it for about a year, so it's from 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure. The Geuns-Wakker concertinas haven't been made for that long. I compared it to my new Wakker concertina just yesterday, and in my review of the touring Tedrow anglo last year. It's the nicest of the accordion-reeded concertinas I've tried.

Make a fair offer, I'm sure David will consider it. I'll take the time to answer some other questions here, as long as they don't require access to the instrument!

Oh, THAT Geuns-Wakker concertina! I played it myself for a few minutes several years ago, back when Richard owned it, and it is indeed quite nice. I hadn't played many hybrids before that time, but I was impressed enough by this one that I recommended the make to Jeff. It turned out that Richard had decided to sell his, and Jeff bought it.

So I can recommend the concertina itself...but the price still seems high to me.

Daniel

...So I can recommend the concertina itself...but the price still seems high to me.

Daniel

oh, that indeed may be true. I did the best I could with pricing it...I hate to admit my ignorance regarding this instrument, but at first I thought it was a "wakker" and not a geuns-wakker... In all honesty I did my best to price it. I used the value that I had applied to it for it's value as a "trade-in" for Jeff because I REALLY wanted it and I also really wanted to give Jeff as much value for it as possible.

I am willing to entertain offers (even partial trades as I'd still like to learn to play). I don't need/nor want to/ make a profit on the sale, but I do desperately need green spendy things right now since I have my second carpal tunnel surgery coming up!

Thanks to all for sharing what they know about the instrument. Also, sorry Daniel..I didn't mean to be snide in return...my sore hands are making me crabby!

So I can recommend the concertina itself...but the price still seems high to me.

Daniel

oh, that indeed may be true. I did the best I could with pricing it...I hate to admit my ignorance regarding this instrument, but at first I thought it was a "wakker" and not a geuns-wakker... In all honesty I did my best to price it. I used the value that I had applied to it for it's value as a "trade-in" for Jeff because I REALLY wanted it and I also really wanted to give Jeff as much value for it as possible.

I am willing to entertain offers (even partial trades as I'd still like to learn to play). I don't need/nor want to/ make a profit on the sale, but I do desperately need green spendy things right now since I have my second carpal tunnel surgery coming up!

Thanks to all for sharing what they know about the instrument. Also, sorry Daniel..I didn't mean to be snide in return...my sore hands are making me crabby!

No offense taken. Best of luck with both the sale and the surgery.

um.....again---do you have an age This is Geuns-Wakker #117, previously owned by "richard" on this board. It's the same one most of my postings on the "C.Net Recorded Tunes Link Page" was recorded on. It's quite a nice instrument. David doesn't know when it was made, it didn't come up in our transaction. I bought it around the middle of 2004, Richard had had it for about a year, so it's from 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure. The Geuns-Wakker concertinas haven't been made for that long. I compared it to my new Wakker concertina just yesterday, and in my review of the touring Tedrow anglo last year. It's the nicest of the accordion-reeded concertinas I've tried.

David refered to a Geuns Wakker sold by Henk on this forum. I don't know how to do that fancy link underlined bit, but I hope you know what I mean. Anyway I bought that concertina from Henk. It is #112 and according to Henk it was made in September 2002, so David's box must be of a similiar age. I'm afraid I have very little experience of other concertinas, but for what it is worth I think my concertina is the dog's b******s! In other words, if my house was burning down, and assuming my wife and children were safe, I would risk life and limb to rescue it. My heart went out to you David when I saw that you had to sell it. I hope the surgery goes well.

Nigel