Superb Mandolin For Sale

danersen

LAURIE WILLIAMS F5 MANDOLIN

It’s time to sell this exceptional and rather rare mandolin as I am not playing it as much as I used to.

I am the original owner and the mandolin is in as-new condition with no flaws of any kind.

This is a completely hand-built custom instrument by world-class New Zealand luthier Laurie Williams. Here is a link to Laurie Williams web site. If you are unfamiliar with his work, it’s worth a visit:

http://www.guitars.co.nz/

Here are the details:

•Year Built: 2004

•Back & Sides Wood: Ancient Flamed Kauri

•Top Wood: Kauri

•Fingerboard: Ebony, bound

•Bridge: Floating Ebony, Adjustable

•Headplate: Tarairie, Bound with beautiful Vine inlay

•Pickguard: Figured Tarairie

•Top Perfling: Black/White Lines

•Bindings: Ivoroid

•Tuners: Gold, Pearl Buttons

•Fret Markers: Abalone

•Tailpiece: Gold

•Case: Hardshell

•Body Length: 12 ¾”

•Body Width: 9 ¾”

•Max. Body depth: 2 ½”

•Scale: 13 7/8”

•Nut Width: 1 3/32”

•String Spacing: 1 17/32”

This tone of this mandolin is rich and full, bright and mellow. The overtones and harmonics are exceptional with excellent sustain. It is an extraordinary melody and two-and-three note passing chord mandolin. It performs jazz, classical, ethnic/world/gypsy and old-timey music with ease. It is superb for Irish/Celtic and Django-style music. It lacks a little in the "chops" to be an ideal bluegrass mandolin except for solo breaks.

Selling price is USD $5500 including shipping and insurance.

Current new price including Kauri wood and inlay upgrades is just under USD $8000.

I may be interested in the right trade involving a Stefan Sobell mandolin or a Wheatstone Aeola Crane/Triumph Duet from the right period.

Please e-mail for additional photos, with questions, or thoughtful trade possibilities.

Be Well,

Dan

Edited by danersen