Northeast Squeeze-in

It's a few days since I checked in at concertina.net, so I just noticed this thread. I'll be there.

...workshops like the yearly reoccurring Morris tunes, Québecois, song swap, etc...
Every year I tell myself "maybe I won't do the 'Morris Tunes' workshop this year" but I think I've done it each year since 1990.

Wish I could be there, but multiple musical commitments won't allow it, the Labor Day weekend is tough -- and my usual roomie isn't coming.

Of the many music events I've attended, the NESI is consistently (well, the 2 times I've come, anyway) the most rewarding.

Edited by Jim Besser

Wish I could be there

We’ll miss you Jim.

I’ll be there with a new CD hot off the press “Poor Little Liza Jane”. Old time concertina with my buds here in Brooklyn.

I thought that this year I might offer a workshop called New Tunes where folks who are writing tunes suitable for concertina can play them and teach us how they go. I have a bunch in my tune book plus some new ones, but all you tune smiths please bring dots if you have them.

I am on a borrowed computer at the moment, as ours decided to die, which is making things odd. I am going to to send Richard e-mail about cabin availability at this late date, as Robin has said make the arraingements. No guarantee as to whether this is a go, but we'll see.

Alan

Well, my decision is made, I won't be at NESI. I will show my face in April, in Amherst, assuming there's the (third?) annual workshop day held then.

It's just too long of a drive for me, to get way out to the other end of Massachusetts, and I have too much to bother with, here.

Anyway...I hope NESI is great this year and that Ernesto doesn't show up!

Well, my decision is made, I won't be at NESI. I will show my face in April, in Amherst, assuming there's the (third?) annual workshop day held then.
Yes, we've got the date set for it already (April 14th), and several of the teaching staff too.
It's just too long of a drive for me, to get way out to the other end of Massachusetts, and I have too much to bother with, here. Anyway...I hope NESI is great this year and that Ernesto doesn't show up!
Ernesto is supposed to wind up somewhere west of Buffalo, and if so, all we should be getting is a bit of rain and mild winds. I'm prepared! See the rest of you in a few hours!

-- Rich --