Wanted. Crane/crabb Duet

mike delta

Hi,

I am looking for a Crane system duet by Crabb with aluminium ends.

I would consider a 35b, 42b or 48b.

Now I know you helpful people will no doubt explain to me the limited use of anything less than 48b's. However, I have in mind a particular purpose for a 48b and less. In any event, I already own a superb 55b Crane system Crabb that gives me all the extended range I require.

Aesthetically anything on offer does not have to be perfect (within reason) but it must be fully functional, in tune and with staunch bellows.

Seemingly one was on Ebay last month but I only found out about it last week. Ah well, maybe I should take a look at Ebay more often.

Regards,

Mike Delta.

As Bruce Springsteen sang: "A Good Crane Is Hard To Find"... and your specs are perhaps a little limited, Crabb with aluminium ends?

I'm intrigued as to why you need a "little 'un" when you already have a bigger Crane.

In any case, good luck with your hunt! And if you come across any nice Wheatstone 55+, please let me know! :)

I have a 40 button Aluminium ended Crabb Crane duet, which I only use when giving lectures on all types of duett concertinas; and to lend to people who wish to try out the system at all-systems beginners Kilve Weekends.

I might be persuaded to sell it; how much did the concertina that sold recently on eBay make ?

What part of the world do you live in ?

inventor.

I am looking for a Crane system duet by Crabb with aluminium ends.

I would consider a 35b, 42b or 48b ...

Seemingly one was on Ebay last month but I only found out about it last week.

Mike,

That one was a 45-key: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Crabb-45-key-Crane-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

... how much did the concertina that sold recently on eBay make ?

Brian,

It didn't get sold on eBay. Chris Algar withdrew it before the end of the auction, so I guess he probably got a private sale for it?

Edited by Stephen Chambers

The instrument above, was made in 1958 as one of a batch of 7 for the Salvation Army.

They were known as 46 Key instruments as they were fitted with a wind key.

With Duets, a wind key if fitted, was commonly included in the key count.

Geoff Crabb.

to Mike D, Crane Duet No 14015

Had a closer look at the concertina and see it is in fact a 45 (plus air button) button instrument, very similar to the one on eBay, but six and a quarter across. Have got your note but have no idea how to reply to it directly.

Left hand side (20 buttons) lowest note c (tenor c) to g' . Right hand side (25 buttons) lowest note c' (middle c) to c"' two octaves above.

Bellows scuffed but airtight, closely in tune but a few notes need to be touched up a bit.

I don't need to sell it, and would be unwilling to sell it to a dealer for as little as £750. If any total beginner who came to one of my all systems classes wanted it badly I might part with it. What was this special purpose that you needed a basic instrument for ?

Inventor.