Lachenal Spare Parts

Geofflowes

I am seeking buttons for lachenal anglo. 16 bone 9/32 inch diameter.Also wooden handles for same.Will buy instrument which is non repairable for parts.I am situated in Austrlia but anthing anywhere considered.Thank's Geoff

Hi Geoff,

have you tried contacting David Leese?

- W

I am seeking buttons for lachenal anglo. 16 bone 9/32 inch diameter.Also wooden handles for same.Will buy instrument which is non repairable for parts.I am situated in Austrlia but anthing anywhere considered.Thank's Geoff

Hi Geoff,

have you tried contacting David Leese?

- W

Thanks Woody ,Yes, Dave is very helpful and user friendly. Unfortunately does not have these parts available at this tima . Geoff

Geoff,

mine are 225 thou. 9/32 is 280 thou, so mine are too narrow. I have about 20 of them, but now I look at them I realise they are not good quality buttons, off the cheapest of 20 key instruments. They might clean up OK. They would fit in the place of a 9/32 button with a bush added, this would be an improvement. Bushing felt is available in about .8mm, so the numbers come close to adding up. You are welcome to them if you are desperate, if not, find something better.

You could ring Richard Evans and see if he has any...

Chris

I have a few at .275" which I guess is a clearance size for a 9/32 hole. But not nearly enough of them.

Have you considered getting new ones made? Either brass, nickel silver, or delrin. Its fairly simple job for someone with a lathe.