Where Is Bertram Levy?

:rolleyes: A number of years ago I had the great fortune of seeing concertina player Bertram Levy in concert. I haven't seen or heard anything about him in a while and I was wondering if anyone had any info on his performance schedule or any recent recordings he may have made. I know he is not particularly an irish stylist but he is without question one of the great anglo concertina players and I'm suprised that I've never seen him mentioned on this web site.

As far as I know (and it's been a couple of years), Bertram is still living in Port Townsend, WA, and is mostly playing bandoneon. However, he has given concertina workshops (as "special workshops" mostly) at the Fiddle Tunes Workshops on several occasions.

Are there any others out there who have attended these?

Paddy

Hey David,

Last time I saw to Bertram he was playing bandoneon for an Argentine Tango group at Seattle's Folklife Festival. At that time he was still living in Port Townsend. I found a website that has short description of Bertram's obsession with the music of tango maestro Astor Piazolla.

http://www.tangoheart.com/press.htm

If you decide to take up the bandoneon, I'll take that Dickenson Wheatstone off your hands for you ;)