Disappearing Banner Ads

I don't want to pry into the hidden workings of this forum, it's not my business to do that, but I just happened to notice our nice banner advertisements from the dealers and other concertina related people have been randomly disappearing and reappearing on the top and bottom of the page and replaced with "free concertina offerings" if you take our survey, and "new and used concertinas" or "european security fencing", with mouse overs to "art-offer.com" and "accordionheaven.com" or "europeansf.com. They keep changing.

I have never noticed it before? Maybe it's normal?. Maybe it's just me? I'm so confused. Has anybody else noticed this?

If I right click on properties I get: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagea...s?client=ca-pub. I was looking for a banner in particular that I knew was in a particular spot, and it wasn't there, and looked around for it, came back to the page and it was where I thought it was.

Sometimes when I refresh the page, an original banner ad comes back.

Help straighten me out

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

I don't want to pry into the hidden workings of this forum, it's not my business to do that, but I just happened to notice our nice banner advertisements from the dealers and other concertina related people have been randomly disappearing and reappearing on the top and bottom of the page and replaced with "free concertina offerings" if you take our survey, and "new and used concertinas" or "european security fencing", with mouse overs to "art-offer.com" and "accordionheaven.com" or "europeansf.com. They keep changing.

I have never noticed it before? Maybe it's normal?. Maybe it's just me? I'm so confused. Has anybody else noticed this?

If I right click on properties I get: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagea...s?client=ca-pub. I was looking for a banner in particular that I knew was in a particular spot, and it wasn't there, and looked around for it, came back to the page and it was where I thought it was.

Sometimes when I refresh the page, an original banner ad comes back.

Help straighten me out

Thanks

Leo

I don't seem to get this happening on my machine. I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.5 so maybe there's a difference between that and Internet Explorer (if that's what you're running) - or maybe there's some type of software installed on your computer which is causing this to happen?

- W

I don't seem to get this happening on my machine. I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.5 so maybe there's a difference between that and Internet Explorer (if that's what you're running) - or maybe there's some type of software installed on your computer which is causing this to happen?

- W

Yes I'm running Internet Explorer ver 6.0, SP2. That's why I'm curious if it's just me. If it's normal it's ok. It's just that I haven't noticed it before. Not very observent I guess. If not, I've got a problem.

Thanks

Leo

I'm running Internet Explorer ver 6.0, SP2. That's why I'm curious if it's just me. If it's normal it's ok. It's just that I haven't noticed it before. Not very observent I guess. If not, I've got a problem.

Leo,

You're not alone, what you describe appears to be perfectly normal. The banner ads. aren't fixed on any given page, they change every time you change page. The Google ads. appear because Google are co-sponsors of the site, along with the "nice banner advertisements from the dealers and other concertina related people".

You're not alone, what you describe appears to be perfectly normal. The banner ads. aren't fixed on any given page, they change every time you change page. The Google ads. appear because Google are co-sponsors of the site, along with the "nice banner advertisements from the dealers and other concertina related people".

Stephen

Thanks, appreciate it. I guess after last weeks virus I started looking harder at what was in front of me. And noticed things I haven't seen before. Just caught my eye ads for free phones with survey ads from gooooogle. Yes more than two "o's" in gooooogle. Not annoying, just noticing. Normal is good. I'm satisfied.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

Hi Leo,

actually I do see these as well. I've never noticed it in the past, and when I checked it on seeing your post for some reason I didn't get them, just "our" ads.

- W

The Google ads. appear because Google are co-sponsors of the site ...
Just caught my eye ads for free phones with survey ads from gooooogle.

Leo,

I think the Google ads. are supposed to be more targetted than they often seem to be. I believe they work on key words, like "concertina" (as if that can't be problematic enough at times! :rolleyes: ), but otherwise they seem to pick up on odd references that would totally dumfound you. :blink:

Woody

They seem randomly generated

post-1911-1154227507.gif

:rolleyes: ), but otherwise they seem to pick up on odd references that would totally dumfound you. :blink:

Stephen

They don't have to go too far for me, I'm already halfway there :D

I'm easily confused

Thanks for straightening me out. Play well:

Leo

Edited by Leo