C.jeffries On Ebay July 2006

PeterT

And note that Chris Algar (cocoa111) who would have buying it for mark-up, repair (if necessary) and re-sale, offered £3750 for this one.

Daniel

And he didn't even bid for this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

- maybe he's on his holidays!

It sold for £4211 ....and it 'only' needs £100 spent on it! :o

And my money said that this was the better instrument, but probably needed pads/valves and a fine-tune. Still, when you know thast you can't afford it, you can take a more rational view.

Regards,

Peter.

45 key Anglo (probably converted Duet).
My money would be on it having been made as an Anglo, I've had plenty just like it, including the first Jeffries I ever got (off Neil Wayne!). Indeed, I know that these 4-row Anglos were sometimes converted into duets for people by Jeffries themselves, as Jim Harvey (another former Secretay of the ICA) told me that they did it to his for him, many years ago.

Rather than argue about conversions, I'd like to point out that I see nothing in the auction text to indicate that this is an anglo, and not a duet.

Edited to remove an erroneous comment.

Hi guys

That jefferies, e-bay number 2500112995 sold yesterday for £4100, has re-surfaced today 31st July, on e-bay number 25001129951 for buy-it-now price 3000rmb - £206 - with a copy of the original seller's gallery photo and condition as "new with tags"!!. I've suggested to e-bay that this could be another Chinese scam........hmmmm .........or a genuine philanthropist!?? Doodle

Hi guys

That jefferies, e-bay number 2500112995 sold yesterday for £4100, has re-surfaced today 31st July, on e-bay number 25001129951 for buy-it-now price 3000rmb - £206 - with a copy of the original seller's gallery photo and condition as "new with tags"!!. I've suggested to e-bay that this could be another Chinese scam........hmmmm .........or a genuine philanthropist!?? Doodle

Yup. It is. I think it's been around for a few weeks now, off, then back again as a reocurring Jeffries:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php...ost&p=43089

This is One of the times it's been cloned. Look for others below in other posts recently. While you're there, look at the "other offerings for sale". They've even been known to clone their own scams.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo