Democracy, Continued

[Anyway, make mine a pint of Marston's "Pedigree", and isn't it Chris' round? :P

OK, it is my birthday after all. There's cakes in the kitchen, go help yourselves.

A word to the wise ... When Goran Rahm was banned from the forum he didn't endear himself to anyone by reappearing under false names.

Chris

Edited to PS I was typing this at the same time Stephen was typing his posting. Just want to make it clear that this round was entirely unprompted and the result of my deep sense of generosity! Just don't drink all the whisky!

Edited by Chris Timson

OK, it is my birthday after all. There's cakes in the kitchen, go help yourselves.

Many happy returns Chris!

Just one complaint - I went downstairs and looked in the kitchen but all the cakes seem to have gone :(

- W

Happy Birthday :)

I'll second that! :)

I hope you're having an excellent day today, Chris, and I wish you many more and even better.

What happened to the years? :huh:

Nothin'.

They're still sittin' right here... and more keep joinin' the group! ;)

Like some others, I didn't find a cake in my kitchen, but I did celebrate with a bit of fruit ice and some homemade shortbread. :D (big smile!)

I hope you realise that the Irish custom is that you have to buy everybody a drink on your birthday! ;)

Chris is too distant, and I didn't want to wait until his birthday was past, so I've just had a bit of single malt from my private store.

Skål!

Indeed! Happy Birthday Chris! I hope you drink your fill and enjoy friends and loved ones.

I'll raise a jar er' to in your honor this evening at my Dominique's birthday party. We will be dining at our favorite Japanese restaurant for the big "do". Their beer has a lot to recommend it, however hot sake :ph34r: ...not my cup of....tea.

Yes, many happy returns, Chris! I'll raise my glass as well, but it'll be a yoghurt smoothie or some such; I'm keeping my daughter company as she recovers from major reconstructive surgery on her jaw- she's on liquids for the next month!

I think Concertina.net is almost like a bar or pub with a bouncer... Some people are louder and have lots to say, others sit in the corner and "people-watch," until a topic of sufficient interest pops up and they jump into the fray.

That would be me, these days- but I do enjoy this "democracy" as one of the most civil on the www, and am grateful for how much I've learned here.

Okay...trying to reply but then the neighbors set of some kind of fireworks and now my dog is all upset....

First, Allison, best wishes for your daughter, and I hope she makes as comfortable a recovery as is possible!

And 'Happy Birthday' to both Chris and to Mark's wife, Dominique! :)

What else....

oh, yeah, regarding pork rinds, mentioned previously in this thread -- :wacko: -- They are about the worst consumable on earth, as far as I'm concerned! my husband gave me some one day, and said, 'Try these, you'll really love them.' I spit them out, they were so bad. I can't believe people eat those!

And, oh yeah, democracy issues.....well, where else could I fearlessly denounce pork rinds? -- Good forum, this 'un. :)

Thanks, Chris and Wendy! She's a lovely, slender 17-year old, and already in one week she's slimming even more- it's all I can do to get soups, milk shakes, yoghurt and fruit smoothies, etc. into her. No alcohol - that would defeat a lot of purposes!

Somehow it isn't stopping her from talking a streak most of the time....