A Small Concertina?

I find this a strange posting.Concertinas are small ...There are miniature concertinas mainly played by clowns as a novelty item,but unless you have some disability you will have a much wider scope by playing a normal size concertina.

Quite right; that's something I like about the concertina; it's small. But, I just wonder; Why would anyone want a 'smaller' concertina. Aren't they small enough? ...

It's probably quite a niche market, but after trying the Marcus Traveller I can see that the smaller volume & lighter weight would make it useful for people for whom weight and size are at a premium - e.g. backpackers, cyclists, mountaineers, spelunkers/cavers, submariners, and astronauts :rolleyes:

...David, what did you mean by 'Nanotina?' Did you mean a mini concertina? If so, what does the 'Nano' mean? I can't find it in my dictionary...

Serves you right for having a Nano-Dictionary ;)

That was pretty smart! Never thought of that.

As for the link I can't look at it, since we have a list of web-sites that we're setting up for purposes. I have not yet put that link on there yet, but when I do, I will have a look at it; or just ask someone; OR I could look in a LARGE dictionary; not my pocket-sized dictionary. :lol:

BTW-Oh; I just used a LARGE dictionary. You win, David. :lol: 'Nano' means extremely small; by putting it simply. ;)

Now that I know what nano means, it makes me guilty for not thinking of that in the first place. :rolleyes:

Edited by Patrick King

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

There is one more group that enjoys a small concertina. I am a Civil war reenactor, and I always bring a full size concertina for camp use, but on the march, I keep my wonderfully small Bob Tedrow 10 key anglo (D) in my haversack. It is very small, easy to play, and make a LOT of sound if needed, to keep up with dozens of drunken soldiers singing. I've been using it several years, and it has held up very well.

Greetings,

There is one more group that enjoys a small concertina. I am a Civil war reenactor, and I always bring a full size concertina for camp use, but on the march, I keep my wonderfully small Bob Tedrow 10 key anglo (D) in my haversack. It is very small, easy to play, and make a LOT of sound if needed, to keep up with dozens of drunken soldiers singing. I've been using it several years, and it has held up very well.

What range does it have; I mean, how many tunes can you play? Are you limited to only the D scale?

Cheers,

Patrick

Edited by Patrick King

• 2 weeks later...