Juliette Is Selling A Suttner English 48 Button

squeezora

Juliette,

Looks a good instrument.

You might want to edit your posting to remove your e-mail address, and let Forum members contact you via the message facility.

Regards,

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I'M REALLY OPEN TO OFFERS, SO TRY ME, I CAN ONLY SAY NO, BUT I MIGHT SAY YES!!!!!!!!!!1

Hello Juliette,

Still have the Suttner English? I am not a buyer (although you never know) but I would love to hear the instrument. I have a Boyd Lachenal which I find always a pleasure to play. Thusfar I didn't feel/hear anything better or even equal (and I tried a lot but never a Suttner). But ut I am always looking for something as good (or better if possible) with a different character. There is a concertina gathering in Nantes next month - is there a chance you might be going there?

Cordialement, Hermann

• 2 weeks later...
This is a just like new , beautiful wooden ended, treble concertina. I found that it is can play as loud as my Wheatstone, so if you want to busk with it or play in groups, you’ll never have to worry about being heard. I suppose you could soften it with baffles, but I think it is perhaps more effective to control your volume with bellows technique. I understand that these sell new for about 5,000 euros and I also heard that Mr. Suttner has a 4 year backlog of orders. There are no flaws or marks or anything negative to report and few people could tell it is not new. It has probably been played only a few hours. The person who gave me this concertina said that I should sell it and get the equipment I need. I am looking for a reasonable offer from someone. Please don’t hesitate to make me an offer, I might say yes, or I may negotiate something with you. I will also consider a partial trade on a good old English concertina that needs some work done to it, Wheatstone or perhaps a Lachenal, treble or baritone. It has a case. I’ll be glad to answer any questions about it and send you a sound file of it being played, if you like.

Juliette

Not a buyer (not of an English sytem anyway)

<The person who gave me this >

Wish someone would give me something like this.

Now is this Mahogany or Rosewood ended.

I know, I know, by now I should be able to tell the differance from your other posts!

And is the one I'm holding Rosewood?

Chas

P.S. And what's this about Nantes?

Chas

Looks like Mahagony to me, but the picture is kind of small if you mean the photo of you playing by Stonehenge. What you don't say is if the place is still the same or did you knock that slab off it's pillars with your playing! :) :)

Nantes is a 1000 kilometer trip for me and I probably won't be going this time as I'm trying to get another CD recorded It will be all Bach.

happy days,

jd

Edited by squeezora

Chas

Looks like Mahagony to me, but the picture is kind of small if you mean the photo of you playing by Stonehenge. What you don't say is it the place is still the same or did you knock that slab off it's pillars with your playing! :) :)

Nantes is a 1000 kilometer trip for me and I probably won't be going this time as I'm trying to get another CD recorded It will be all Bach.

happy days,

jd

<Looks like Mahagony>

Ah! One of the cheap ones then.

The Dolman, as they are called in question, is 3000 years or so, old. Count*y Clare Ireland.

They can also be found in Green Spain. A celtic thing I suppose.

Chas

p.s. edited out an errant "r" Ok now?

Edited by fidjit

Ah! One of the cheap ones then.

The Dolman, as they are called in question, is 3000 years or so, old. Country Clare Ireland.

They can also be found in Green Spain. A celtic thing I suppose.

Chas

Well actually I've never seen either in person, but there is one something like this out in the forest behind my house. I'm sure it's from some time BC (before concertinas) when guys didn't have much to do in their spare time. So they would call each other up on their cave phones and say " hey! let's go pile up some rocks this afternoon".

by the way, the Suttner was sold a while ago.

jd

The Dolman, as they are called in question, is 3000 years or so, old. Country Clare Ireland.

That's our most famous dolman (or portal tomb, to give it its proper name), at Poulnabrone in the Burren, considered one of the finest archaeological megalithic tombs in Western Europe.

But we've got nearly 200 more of them, that aren't so well known. (Must have been a lot of bored cave men with phones.) :rolleyes:

By the way, we might think that we're more important than we really are, but in reality Clare is only a county, not a country! ;)