China Scam Revisited

Leo

To All

Thanks for saving my pocketbook. Browsing through all the posts in the buy/sell forum has enabled me to spot these for what they were. Ufortunately not concertina related, but another of my hobbies. It could have been costly for me if it were not for your previous efforts in identification ebay pitfalls. Again thanks for all your efforts you've save me a potentially costly mistake.

Even a new old guy can learn new things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Questar-standard-3-5-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Questar-Standard-3-5-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

For now a breather in concertinas, maybe they are going after other fish in the sea.

Thanks again

Leo

Edited by Leo

Hi Leo,

It's interesting to look at feedback left/received to see just how well organised these scams really are, on the assumption that potential buyers will not check feedback sufficiently.

I often look at, but seldom bid on ebay. I always review comments and click on items previously "sold" before I even consider bidding. For this seller, the feedback information makes interesting reading.

Regards,

Peter.

For this seller, the feedback information makes interesting reading.

Yes and I really enjoyed all the items sold. All won by the one lucky bidder to take a chance and bid on the items in the feedback page. So many items with only one bidder, I don't think the seller was worried.

OOPS!! ADVANCED?? just found out I talk too much. I wish my playing ability would climb up to mediocre.

Thanks Leo

Edited by Leo

It's interesting to look at feedback left/received to see just how well organised these scams really are, on the assumption that potential buyers will not check feedback sufficiently.

I often look at, but seldom bid on ebay. I always review comments and click on items previously "sold" before I even consider bidding.

Peter.

You're very wise, I've just had a 3-month nightmare transaction with a (genuine) US seller who had only one feedback, and that as a buyer.

For this seller, the feedback information makes interesting reading.

Yes, they've "bought" all 10 items from zero feedback sellers who are now "no longer a registered user". Quite an achievement! :blink: