Juliette Plays " L'enfant Demon "

Mark, I am about to drive home from work, and it occurred to me that I pass Milford on 495. Have a nice evening, neighbor.

What a suprise! I assumed your location must be France. Yes, we are neighbors in a very American sort of way and perhaps a visit can be arranged. 495, what a beastly road. I avoid it at all costs.

Yeah, 495 is sort of... fast paced by American standards. Which makes it useful to me since I have to commute all the way from Providence when I'm working up here.

And yeah, I'm always up for a beer. Especially with someone who might be able to give pointers on this instrument.

Edited by MyFutureSelfnMe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received my new recorder and expect the mics to arrive this week. I'll re-record the pieces that I've posted and add one or two others. Then I'll be working to complete a CD...........

JULIETTE’S REPERTOIRE

REGONDI}

LEISURE MOMENTS 1 & 2

JOHN DOWLAND}

WHAT IF A DAY

COY TOY

ORLANDO SLEEPETH

MRS WINTERS JUMP

JOHANN SEBATIAN BACH}

MENUET IN G Major

MENUET IN G minor

CLAUDE TOMAIN}

L’ÉNFANT DEMON

V. SLOVYOV-SEDOY}

MOSCOW NIGHTS

BARTOLOME CALATAYUD}

LAMENTA GITANA

FANDANGUILLO

BULERIAS

ESTAMPA GITANA

MANUEL PONCE}

PRELUDE I

PRELUDE III

PRELUDE VI

FRANCIS CUTTING}

GREENSLEEVES - ORIGINAL ARRANGEMENT FOR RENAISSANCE LUTE

RIMSKY KORSKOV}

FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLE BEE

I play all pieces in my repertoire from memory and not from sheet music.

Here are the pieces that I am working on and hope to include in my repertoire soon:

{J.S.BACH}

CHACONNE

J.DOWLAND}

MR. DOWLAND’S MIDNIGHT

A PIECE WITHYOUT TITLE

GUILIO REGONDI}

LEISURE MOMENTS 3, 4, 5, & 6

MANUEL PONCE}

PRELUDES 2, 4, & 5

J. HAYDEN}

EMPERORS STRING QUARTET, 2ND MOVEMENT

GIUSEPPE VERDI}

LA DONNAE MOBILE

LUIZ BONFA}

CHANSON DÓRPHEE

ISAAC ALBENIZ}

ASTURIAS

Bartolome Calatayud

SONADA TIPICA DE MALLORCA

Can't seem to listen to this piece Julliette. Even though I have itunes/quicktime on my pc. Just comes up with a big question mark in the middle. I've listend to others that you have out there. Any help anyone?

Chas

Edited by fidjit

Can't seem to listen to this piece Julliette. Even though I have itunes/quicktime on my pc. Just comes up with a big question mark in the middle. I've listend to others that you have out there. Any help anyone?

Chas

Hi Chas,

I'll try to fix this. In the meantime, if you will send me your email address, I'll send the file direct to you.

Thanks for letting me know about this.

Juliette

It sounds like you just tried to play it directly. What about first downloading the file to your own computer and trying to play it from there.

To download, right-click on the link, then a menu should appear where one of the options is "Save link target as..." or something like that (but not "Save page as..."). Select that, and then say where you want the file put. Once it's downloaded, just locate the file using Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and double-click on it's name to play it.

Thanks Jim

That worked. Clever stuff. Doesn't sound like anything I've heard played on a concertina. But then my scope is limited.

Nice work Julliette.

Chas

I've received my new recorder and expect the mics to arrive this week. I'll re-record the pieces that I've posted and add one or two others. Then I'll be working to complete a CD...........

Hi Juliette,

Well, your repertoire certainly had me checking on Google for information about some of the composers. I would be full of admiration for someone considering playing "Flight of the Bumble bee", but in awe that you have actually achieved it. Well done.

You can certainly put me down for at least one copy of your CD!

Kind regards,

Peter.

Juliette,

This compliation of pieces for your CD sounds an excellent mixture. Can you let all of us on CNet know when it will be available and where from, please? I thought the piece "L'enfant demon" was beautiful.

Bonne chance pour l'avenir,

Charles Mackay