Rules, Conventions, And Sharing C.net

Wow, looks like taking concertina lessons with Dick makes you also type like him, grammar, spelling, keyboard skills and all! Scary or what? :ph34r:

I'll say it again....

:ph34r: B) :ph34r:

with perhaps a ;)

are you all there now?

of course if I am wrong i'll be :wacko: and eating humble pie

Edited by Peter Brook

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, that's odd for somebody averaging 3.5 posts per day. By my reckoning that means we've missed out on 38.5 posts :(

I've set aside a day for reading. If the postman doesn't deliver, I'll practice the box instead.

So the one on the left must be Dick Miles mucking about and the right hand one must be Teresa. But why is it particularly funny? I mean a man pretending to be a woman is always good for a hearty laugh but what's going on?

So the one on the left must be Dick Miles mucking about and the right hand one must be Teresa. But why is it particularly funny? I mean a man pretending to be a woman is always good for a hearty laugh but what's going on?

Hint: The one on the left is giving a sermon, and the one on the right is keeping track of the minutiae.

Whether they're Men or not is up to the perceiver. They sound like little old ladies to me.

Brighton-Wok_com_Old_Ladies-2005.12.20-05.05.14.jpg

Edited by greenferry

Hint: The one on the left is giving a sermon, and the one on the right is keeping track of the minutiae. Whether they're Men or not is up to the perceiver. They sound like little old ladies to me.

like most of the people that have wasted their time on this thread, whatever their sex might be, they would be better off playing their concertinas. You are quite right Dirge,it is not very funny. However

since Dick miles posts, are being viewed by a moderator, and neither he ,nor the members of this forum were consulted about this, which is hardly democratic, he decided to become TOIREASA Breathnach.That is what is going on.there are many other people here with pseudonyms. Cream T, DIRGE, GREENFERRY,ETC ETC.I personallyfind democracy quite important.

like most of the people that have wasted their time on this thread, whatever their sex might be, they would be better off playing their concertinas. ... I personallyfind democracy quite important.

I'll raise a toast to that, well said.

Peace.

Peace-sign-hippiesweb.jpg

like most of the people that have wasted their time on this thread, whatever their sex might be, they would be better off playing their concertinas.

So now we know who is delivering the sermon.

...since Dick miles posts, are being viewed by a moderator, and neither he ,nor the members of this forum were consulted about this, which is hardly democratic, he decided to become TOIREASA Breathnach.

It's been said before, but apparently it needs to be said, again :(: Concertina.net is not a democracy, nor has it ever claimed to be. It is a dictatorship, which is right and proper, because it is the personal property of Paul Schwartz. It happens to be a surprisingly benevolent dictatorship, but that's because Paul is an exceptionally benevolent and tolerant person, not because he has any obligation to be so.

But even his tolerance has its limits. Concertina.net is Paul's property, just as his home is, and we are here as his invited guests. But as our host, he has a right to expect that we behave in what he views as a considerate manner and to ask -- to demand, if he feels it necessary -- that we either follow his rules or quit the premises.

Paul's rules are not rigid, and they're not published. Instead, he will warn a person if he feels they have overstepped the limits. He may also delete one or more posts. But my understanding and experience is that he always gives a person at least a second chance... a chance to demonstrate that they are both willing and able to adhere to the same guidelines of behavior as the rest of us.

I haven't heard of Paul using "monitoring" -- personally checking an individual's submissions before allowing them to be posted (or not) -- on anyone before you, Dick. That's an extra step and a extra burden on Paul, and therefore a rare privilege he has accorded you. He could have blocked you completely and permanently, but he has instead treated you with unusual respect and deference. And you have taken it as a personal offense? No, Dick. If anyone has behaved offensively, it's you, not Paul.

That is what is going on.there are many other people here with pseudonyms. Cream T, DIRGE, GREENFERRY,ETC ETC.I personallyfind democracy quite important.

Dick, your behavior here on Concertina.net has consistently told me that your conception of "democracy" is that you should have freedom to do and say whatever you want, whenever and wherever you want, but that no one else should be permitted to say anything you personally dislike, and that they should be attacked if they do. In the more common conception, "democracy" is held to mean that everyone has the same rights, not that you have rights and we don't.

But as I've already said, Concertina.net is neither a government nor a democracy. Paul Schwartz is the authority here, not you.

And while it's true that others here are using pseudonyms, they don't seem to be doing so in order to deceive other C.net members, nor to defy Paul's authority.

You have shown all of us disrespect, as you pretended to be someone else -- an innocent newbie -- to promote your own book and exalt your own worth as a teacher. You tried to deceive us; you lied, not to amuse us or for the comfort of anonymity, but in an attempt to glorify yourself and to defy and subvert Paul's efforts to keep Concertina.net a friendly and helpful place for everyone. And when your efforts at deception failed, you became angry... angry that others saw through your own incompetence.

Whatever Paul does now, you are right: he will do it without consulting us, and probably even without telling us. My own best guess is that we won't hear from you again in this forum.

You will have only yourself to blame.

I'm so disappointed. I was about to email Ms. Breathsnatch to ask if she liked long walks in the mountains, sunsets, canoeing, and debauchery. Now, I really don't want to know. Really!

I feel so used. How will I be able to trust again? :rolleyes: :lol:

Brighton-Wok_com_Old_Ladies-2005.12.20-05.05.14.jpg

here's an even more off-topic question:

was this photo taken on mothers day? there's an group here in olympia that dresses up as civil-war era old ladies and sermonizes and marches every mothers day. i think it's a national organization, so i was curious if it might be the same group from your area. i can't remember the name of the group.

there's an group here in olympia that dresses up as civil-war era old ladies and sermonizes and marches every mothers day. i think it's a national organization, so i was curious if it might be the same group from your area. i can't remember the name of the group.

I think it's a group known as "Mothers Opposed To Enjoyment", or MOTE. They're really quite small, but can be found just about everywhere. :lol:

As Jim has pointed out, this is not a democracy, and I don't know why anyone would think it is. Concertina.net is not a country, it's a web site. I built it (it began as a single page almost 10 years ago!), and I run it with Ken's help, so if there's anything "democratic", it's Ken and I discussing things and acting. Is Amazon.com a democracy? How about eBay? Good grief.

Friendly advice: if you're going to go behind my back, don't admit it in public. Bad move.

Thanks,

Paul