Concertina Dreams

Hi,

Last weekend I had my first concertina dream (i.e. asleep dreaming I was playing my concertina). It was incredibly vivid, and I remember at the time I was naming each note as I played the tune.

When I woke up I immediately grabbed my trusty tape recorder and hummed the tune so I wouldn't forget it. Later, when I tried out the tune, I found that the notes I had named in my dream were nothing like the actual notes of the tune, but at least I could play it :P

As to the actual tune... I have a suspicion that it may not be totally original, as it has a very familiar feeling to it. Whether this means it's based on a tune I used to play on another instrument, or because I dreamt it, who knows. But it was a fun experience. :D

Now if I could just work out how to replicate it.... :rolleyes:

Just a few random nuerons firing....

Morgana :D

As a school boy, suffering the basics of rudimentary German Language, I was told that you know you have achieved the first level of proficiency when you find yourself dreaming in the language you are learning, even if its all nonsense.

Take heart! You are either gaining proficiency in the tune, or the instument, perhaps even both

Dave