Swedish Folk Music

cnrobinson

This may seem slightly odd but.............

I have 11 volumes of 'Svenska Latar' folk music books published in Stockholmin the 1930s. All in excellent condition, arranged by region, that I am looking to sell. They are full of polkas etc, divided by region then by musician. Collectively they are quite an archive of swedish folk music. Bearing in mind the cost of shipping is anyone interested in making me an offer?

Chris

I have 11 volumes of 'Svenska Latar' folk music books published in Stockholmin the 1930s. All in excellent condition, arranged by region, that I am looking to sell.

I don't find it odd. :)

Do you have the originals? I have the 1978 paperback reprints, but I'm missing volumes 1 and 18 of the full set of 24.

I have 11 volumes of 'Svenska Latar' folk music books published in Stockholmin the 1930s. All in excellent condition, arranged by region, that I am looking to sell.

I don't find it odd. :)

Do you have the originals? I have the 1978 paperback reprints, but I'm missing volumes 1 and 18 of the full set of 24.

These are originals.

Chris

These don't have volume numbers but are as follows:

Ostergotland 1&2 (1936)

Vastmanland (1933)

Smaland, Oland och Blekinge (1935)

Uppland (1934)

Skane vols. 1 - 4 (1934 -1940)

Varmland (1930)

Dalsland (1931)

Sodermanland (1934)

Narke (1933)

Halsinglar och Gastrikland (1929)

Bohuland och Halland (1931)

Vastergotland (1932)

They are all in good condition, though a few have water staining on the covers. Superb photos inside of old swedish fiddlers!

Chris

If you don't get any offers here, you might want to try posting to the Scandinavian folk music and dance group at Yahoogroups (you'll need to sign up as a member first):

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/scand/

or at the nyckelharpa (Swedish keyed fiddle) group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/nyckelharpa/

Paul

If you don't get any offers here, you might want to try posting to the Scandinavian folk music and dance group at Yahoogroups...

I've already put the word out to some of my Swedish musician friends, with a link to this thread.