Hi! I'm Back, Sorry I Fell Off The Ends Of The Earth.

Well, now there's a thought! Medical stuff sort of wiped out my money, but maybe maybe. When is it again?

6th to 9th October 2006! It'd be great if you could make it!

Samantha

Oh and October is such a pretty month. I was gonna apologize to the thread starter as I am going off topic. But then realized it was my thread. I would love to come, although next year would probably be more reasonable. But, not wanting to be known for being reasonable ...

It would be great fun to meet you, Samantha.

Oh and October is such a pretty month. I was gonna apologize to the thread starter as I am going off topic. But then realized it was my thread. I would love to come, although next year would probably be more reasonable. But, not wanting to be known for being reasonable ...

It would be great fun to meet you, Samantha.

Helen,

I was thinking of trying to go. If your plane goes through Boston, perhaps we could coordinate and get ourselves to Arran together. I'd love to meet you!

Barbara

Well, of course I could come through Boston. Wow, this sounds more and more doable. What are the approximate costs, any one know?

The approximate cost of the weekend, everything except beer inclusive from Friday supper to Monday breakfast will be around £95. Must do the sums and get an exact figure ... Rail and ferry fares return from the nearest airport (either Prestwick or Glasgow International) are around £10 or so. I hope to meet most people off the ferry ...

Samantha

Just got back from the Scandinavian Squeeze In (the model for the Arran Comcertina Event, and what a splendid weekend it's been) to find this excellent news awaiting me. Welcome back Helen. Now with Stephen back amongst us perhaps I can move back into my rightful position of 4th most prolific poster instead of my current uncomfortable elevation of 2nd.

:D (a stylised representation of me upon seeing this thread).

Chris

PS See you on Arran!

:D :D :D

Edited by Chris Timson

Now with Stephen back amongst us perhaps I can move back into my rightful position of 4th most prolific poster instead of my current uncomfortable elevation of 2nd.

Don't worry, Chris!! I expect there are a few more recent members who will soon climb the table and push you down the league! :D :D

- John Wild

• 2 months later...
Helen,

... Cruinniú na mBád is on from Thursday 17th to Sunday 20st August this year, and I'm still waiting for that waltz (now my ankle's better) ... :)

Helen,

And here's this year's programme, so can I count on you for that waltz? ;)

Otherwise, it's on the same weekend as the Eigse Mrs Crotty Festival of Concertina Music in Kilrush, in case anybody should get bored at it ... all those da_ned concertinas! :rolleyes:

I'm certainly planning on spending some time at both events. :) :) :)