Rochelle One Step Closer?

I have a feeling that some pre-release units of what will be called the Rochelle have already appeared on eBay:

Look at this

It's an anglo that looks very similar to the Jackie and Jack English concertinas.

Hey, this is my first post... Hello everybody!

I have a feeling that some pre-release units of what will be called the Rochelle have already appeared on eBay:

Look at this

It's an anglo that looks very similar to the Jackie and Jack English concertinas.

I think this is a cheap Anglo made in China - they've been around for a while. I've got a similar one supplied under the Stephanelli brand name which is imported by Steve Clinkscale Music who seem to have a quality control system so that they only sell the better ones. The box is OK for what it is (a cheap 30 button starter box), though the G row buttons are too close to the handrest for my taste and the straps are <IMHO> not good enough (I've replaced mine with "proper" Anglo straps - supplied by David Leese).

Whilst, judging by the Jackie/Jack, the Rochelle might end up looking superficially similar to the box listed, I'd expect that, given Wim Wakker's reputation, the Rochelle will be a significantly superior instrument. Certainly when the Rochelle comes out I'll be buying one and selling the Stephanelli.

- W

Look at this

Hello Drew, welcome to the wonderful world of concertina.net :blink: :D