Jones Or What?

... mine did indeed have C.Jeffries stamped on it. It also has a Jeffries label on one end, but that was Colin's doing ...

Now that's a rarity, I never saw such a thing as a Jeffries label before! :blink:

(Nor, I suspect, did Charlie Jeffries, not that it would have been of any benefit to him as he couldn't even write his own name ... produced great concertinas though!)

Nor, I suspect, did Charlie Jeffries, not that it would have been of any benefit to him as he couldn't even write his own name ... produced great concertinas though!)

Is that right? Roger Digby has a handwritten instruction booklet for a Jeffries 38 button F/C concertina which I believe he has said was written by Charles Jeffries himself. (Some uncertainty of memory here)

Chris

Nor, I suspect, did Charlie Jeffries, not that it would have been of any benefit to him as he couldn't even write his own name ... produced great concertinas though!)

Is that right? Roger Digby has a handwritten instruction booklet for a Jeffries 38 button F/C concertina which I believe he has said was written by Charles Jeffries himself. (Some uncertainty of memory here)

I have several instruction booklets like that, though some of them might better be described as "chord charts", but you can be sure they were the work of his sons, one of whom was also named Charles. Any documents signed by the father are with an X, though his wife Mary Ann could sign her name.

You only have to look at their Marriage Certificate on Concertina.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I inherited a concertina from my father and am keen to learn its history. It seems similar to the Jefferies here but being new to both concertinas AND this forum I am seeking some assistance as to my next step to determine its background. Any help would be appreciated. Norm

I inherited a concertina from my father and am keen to learn its history. It seems similar to the Jefferies here but being new to both concertinas AND this forum I am seeking some assistance as to my next step to determine its background. Any help would be appreciated. Norm

Hello Norm,

And welcome to C.net! :)

As has been stated on more than one occasion: The usual answer is "Let's see some photos."

Hello Norm,

And welcome to C.net! :)

As has been stated on more than one occasion: The usual answer is "Let's see some photos."

G'day Stephen. Thanks for welcome and reply. Have several photos of concertina but unsure just how to get them into this forum. If you don't get them would appreciate some assistance. Regards, Norm

Have several photos of concertina but unsure just how to get them into this forum.

Space allowed for such things is limited. Far better, if possible, is to put them on a private web page and then post a link here.

Have several photos of concertina but unsure just how to get them into this forum.

Space allowed for such things is limited. Far better, if possible, is to put them on a private web page and then post a link here.

Thanks for the help Jim. Thought the limited Mgb might be a problem. Unfamiliar with webpage/posting links. What's involved? Rather new at utilising computer's capabilities so would welcome some directions.

Regards . Norm. :)