Some Finnish Tune

m3838

...don't look at the lyrics. Nothing special. I was quite disappointed.

Michael, I wonder what you require for "special" in lyrics. The translation isn't at all like the original lyrics, having neither the rhythm or rhyming of the original. (I also have doubts about the accuracy of some of the English, but I don't have the time -- nor likely the competence -- to do my own translation.) It's certainly not intended to be "heavy" or "serious". It's one of hundreds of variations on the age-old theme of boy-girl-parent, a high-spirited one with a theme of dancing (and possibly, but certainly not only, "dancing" as a euphemism). At least it's not one of those where the father has an honorable young man kidnapped or killed.

I'll wait untill you'll have enough of this song and post another one,...

Please don't wait. I'm not likely to ever get tired of "Ievan Polkka", but I'd like to hear this other one. :)

I really liked the way they looked on the Video. Simple, no special "stage" attire, nothing.

I think that's pretty much standard for actual "folk" who are into music, rather than trying to create theatrical productions with "folk" themes. Nothing like Moiseyev.

One of those cases, that make my life better. Another one is that guy, who plays classical mandoline.

Eh? Which one is that? I haven't found it, yet.

One of those cases, that make my life better. Another one is that guy, who plays classical mandoline.

Eh? Which one is that? I haven't found it, yet.

Possibly Simon Mayor?

Currently playing as a duo with Hilary James. they also do traditional tunes and various other categories.

- john Wild

Edited by John Wild