Concertina Tattoo

Hmmm...

Hmm....

I've been wanting an armband tattoo for some time now. Years, in fact.

How about a Wheatstone with very very very very long bellows going all the way around the arm, and the ends kind of meeting in the front, rather like an old-fashioned torque?

Hmmm.....

Dammit......now you got me plotting...and budgeting...

"How about a Wheatstone with very very very very long bellows going all the way around the arm, and the ends kind of meeting in the front, rather like an old-fashioned torque?"

For this you'd need a very very very thick arms, or at least one of them. (speaking of male's sef-esteem).

I'd put it on my buttocks, one end per each, so when I take a stroll along the water edge, the ends will become, um, animated.

If you WERE to get a concertina tattoo, what would it be like, and where would you put it?

Extra points for creativity.

At this time of night, my "creativity" would likely get me in trouble, were I to post it. :ph34r:

Time for bed, I think.

In full knowledge of the fact that I'll never actually do it, I've toyed vaguely with the idea of using the gold tooling pattern on my Jeffries duet as a design for an armband-type tattoo...

Yes, me too! Or a design based on the Jeffries scroll-work. But I just can't get over how bad all these tattoos are going to look in the nursing home...

In full knowledge of the fact that I'll never actually do it, I've toyed vaguely with the idea of using the gold tooling pattern on my Jeffries duet as a design for an armband-type tattoo...

What about turning that around? Find an armband that you like the look of, and have that pattern tooled around a bellows end?

Or how about something less abstract, like a parade of elephants trunk to tail, or a series of fish, each trying to swallow the one in front?

...I've toyed vaguely with the idea of using the gold tooling pattern on my Jeffries duet as a design for an armband-type tattoo...
Yes, me too! Or a design based on the Jeffries scroll-work. But I just can't get over how bad all these tattoos are going to look in the nursing home...

"Bad" as in "evil", or "bad" as in "ugly", or "bad" in the more recent idiom of "really cool"? :unsure:

Get it done right, and you could be the hit of the party! :)

(There's a story, but telling it here would telegraph the punch line. :o)

Edited by JimLucas

Well, I've already got 3, all nicely covered up with the application of a t-shirt and a pair of socks, so I'm already going to look bad in the nursing home!

How about a Wheatstone with very very very very long bellows going all the way around the arm, and the ends kind of meeting in the front, rather like an old-fashioned torque?

Then, of course, you would want to exercise your right to bare arms. ;) B)

....................................................................................................

................................................................Yes, me too! Or a design based on the Jeffries scroll-work. But I just can't get over how bad all these tattoos are going to look in the nursing home...

Yes, I've thought of that one, too! I don't have any tattoos and it's unlikely that I'll get any. (Hey, I've worked in nursing homes... :blink: )

But, my husband and my daughter are a different story.

For the record, if any of you should spend time in the Amherst area because you are going to the Button Box (in Sunderland), there's Mom's Tattoo Studio in Amherst. My daughter has worked there part-time (not as a tattooer), though she'll be done with that when she's done with school, most likely. I've dared to venture into the place and -- see -- I did come out alive!!

My husband has had his tattoos done at a different place, Art Gecko, in West Boylston MA (two hours east of Mom's, approximately).

Both of these places have websites. Mom's is here and Art Gecko is here.

I admire artwork, yes....I'm just not into tattoos! Oh well.

Both of these places have websites. Mom's is here and Art Gecko is here.

Interesting to look at the artwork on the two sites. A fair variety of designs (though I didn't notice any concertinas), but not as varied as what I've actually seen, and not nearly as varied in extent. Those have ranged from a simple question mark less than 1 cm high (on the back of the neck, where a shirt collar would cover it) to what appeared to be an intricately brocaded shirt but was in fact tattooing (and yet not visible when that tattooed lady donned a real shirt).