2006 Northeast Squeeze-in

Hello All --

Now that the NCW is behind us we've finally been able to get things together to announce this year's Northeast Squeeze-In. For those who've been there in the past, the same format, place and shenanigans prevail. There *is* one big difference in that it will be held Labor Day weekend (Sept. 1,2,3rd) this year rather than our customary 3rd weekend in September. While this will be an impediment for some (mostly accordion players who like to frequent the Carrefour Mondial de l'Accordéon Festival), it will be a boon to those who haven't been able to make it due to conflicts with our customary date .

Another boon is that MDW is a three day holiday for most folk, and there has been speculation that the Button Box may extend NESI to take advantage of the extra day. Unfortunately we just can't make it work - BUT the time and venue is there.... We'll have to pack up our "store" Sunday afternoon but all NESI participants are welcome to stay on (including BBoxers in "private mode" rather than in "business mode"). And to help that happen we'll be doing a breakfast and lunch this year (rather than our usual brunch) and having expanded workshop sessions throughout the day.

We're putting together an e-mail discussion list for those wanting to exchange info about it to help with the coordination of accommodations, meals, rideshare, extended workshops, Monday happenings, etc.

I hope to be seeing many of you there!

I just faxed in my registration.

FWIW, although I look forward to the unusual experience of doing this Labor Day weekend, I hope the event will find its way back to its traditional weekend in future years. I'm not sure this is how I want to be spending Labor Day weekend too many times.

I reserve the right to change my mind after the event.

FWIW, although I look forward to the unusual experience of doing this Labor Day weekend, I hope the event will find its way back to its traditional weekend in future years.
That's the plan, we do LDW this year because we *have* to (a newbie Bucksteep employee had "given away" our traditional weekend inadvertently) and go back to our usual for future years.

As I operate best up close and personal, I am happy to report that I handed my registration to Doug C himself whilst at NEFFA! I got a cabin, I got a bunch of good squeezing buddies, who could ask for anything more? :) :) :)