Sign in to follow this  
Radioboy

D/a Tedrow Anglo

I bought the Tedrow Aeola that was on E-bay last week. I knew that it was a D/A 30 button anglo but I was surprised to find that the A row (bottom row) was pitched lower than the D row. Is that the usual set up for D/A anglo? Howie

If I remember correctly, it's the one of a kind, D/A accordion type layout. I think it should work just as fine, if not better, tnan usual layout. Only it's not swappable.

I'm pretty sure that's the layout used by the whole Tedrow family.

Mr. Tedrow, his wife, and daughter. It works beautifully for them.

Pb

Bob showed me his instrument with that layout a while ago. I couldn't get my mind around it in the 5 minutes I held it, but he played a few things for me. There are a lot of neat fingering options when you play across the rows, it seems.

I bought the Tedrow Aeola that was on E-bay last week. I knew that it was a D/A 30 button anglo but I was surprised to find that the A row (bottom row) was pitched lower than the D row. Is that the usual set up for D/A anglo? Howie

This layout would certainly screw me up :). Essentially those of us who use the C (or in this case the D) row as our home keys would have alot of adjusting to do. You would have to use the A row for the lower notes and the D for the higher. Over all I think it would lead to an entirely different style of phrasing tunes.

I have enough trouble mastering the normal layout, I don't feel any pressing urge to switch now. :)

--

Bill