D/a Tedrow Anglo

I bought the Tedrow Aeola that was on E-bay last week. I knew that it was a D/A 30 button anglo but I was surprised to find that the A row (bottom row) was pitched lower than the D row. Is that the usual set up for D/A anglo? Howie

Bob showed me his instrument with that layout a while ago. I couldn't get my mind around it in the 5 minutes I held it, but he played a few things for me. There are a lot of neat fingering options when you play across the rows, it seems.

I bought the Tedrow Aeola that was on E-bay last week. I knew that it was a D/A 30 button anglo but I was surprised to find that the A row (bottom row) was pitched lower than the D row. Is that the usual set up for D/A anglo? Howie

This layout would certainly screw me up :). Essentially those of us who use the C (or in this case the D) row as our home keys would have alot of adjusting to do. You would have to use the A row for the lower notes and the D for the higher. Over all I think it would lead to an entirely different style of phrasing tunes.

I have enough trouble mastering the normal layout, I don't feel any pressing urge to switch now. :)

--

Bill