English Concertina Web Course

From Saturday 29th April I will be conducting a live webcast English concertina course. This will follow on from a concert I am doing next Saturday 22nd April, 5pm (GMT+1). There will be live webchat for anyone that has any questions. There's more info at http://www.ayepod.net/webcast.htm or feel free to contact me on simon@scottishtraditionalmusic.com.

Edited by SimonThoumire

Hello Simon

I think your playing is great and have bought 6 of your albums. I have just worked out that the webcast concert on 22 April will be at 2 am on Sunday for me in Australia (GMT + 10). It would be great to purchase a DVD of the concert and the concertina course.

Hi Poaceae, Thanks for writing. I see where your coming from! I will be recording the lessons and will maybe look at a future DVD release. I am going to make all the lessons available after the event to people who have bought the course. If you can't make the live lessons you can use them and email me with any questions.

This will be a 4 week course starting this Saturday, 29th April, 6pm. It will look at different aspects of technique and each lesson will last 30 minutes. After the session each lesson video will be available to the particpants for viewing in our secure section. Access to the teaching streams will unlimited and will be available to the participant for two weeks after the end of the 4 week course.

Lesson 1: We will look at Simon's tune My Love is Like a Red Red Rose (click on the link to download the music as a pdf) and talk about techniques of vibrato, fingering and chords. We will also talk about different ways of hold the concertina.

The 4 week course cost is $36 (approx £20).

http://www.ayepod.net/webcasts/simonthoumire_teaching.htm

• 2 weeks later...

:huh: :) After some problems with my Firewall and Simon's help I succesfully watched the first lesson of the course. Very good and enjoyable. I recommend this to anyone who is interested in playing this style of music. Also the opportunity to watch it several times over in order to take in the information and to practice and then listen again is very useful. Simon was the first concertina player I ever heard perform when I just started to play. I bought my concertina in July and in October Simon performed in the concerthall in Eindhoven. That was very inspiring for me. Although I have not adopted his special hold of the concertina.

I look forward to the next lessons.

Pauline