Simon Thoumire Live Webcast

This Saturday 22nd April at 5pm (GMT+1) I'm going to be performing a live English concertina concert on the web for an hour. It would be great to see anybody along that is interested. We have live webchat if anyone has any questions they want to ask. The ticket price $5 (approx £2.80) and will be available on the day from http://www.ayepod.net/webcasts/simonthoumire_concert.htm. A recording of the concert will be repeated afterwards for a few hours.

The following Saturday 29th April I will be conducting a 4 week concertina course live on the web at www.ayepod.net. I'll post more details soon.

Edited by SimonThoumire

I am not entirely clear about how the webcast works. Is it necessary to be online at the precise time of the performance or can it be played at a later point? Also how does one pay -- that is not clear from the website. And the same questions apply to the lessons that are sceduled. Thanks.

I am not entirely clear about how the webcast works. Is it necessary to be online at the precise time of the performance or can it be played at a later point? Also how does one pay -- that is not clear from the website. And the same questions apply to the lessons that are sceduled. Thanks.

From webpage

SIMON THOUMIRE CONCERT - $5 (approx £2.80) BUY A TICKET

(When you click on the link, you will be taken to a registration page. Once you have registered click on "Purchase" button and you will be taken to PayPal to pay. After you have paid, press on 'continue' in PayPal and you will be taken back to the shopping cart where you can "Access Content". This link will take you to the viewer and the concert. You will only see footage on the day of the concert)

Hey folks, I checked out www.ayepod.net and found that -- for FREE ! this week only (April 20-27 approximately)-- you can watch Simon on an AYEPOD session. Just go here and click on "Watch this week's Ayepod session again" near the top of the screen. They have also uploaded the MUSIC for the selections, so you can play along. After this week you can watch them, but it will cost $4 PayPal payment. If you don't know about PayPal, it's easy. Go to PayPal.com and sign up for an account. You provide your bank info, and PayPal makes two small deposits into your account to get the connection started. After that you can transfer money in and out easily for all sorts of transactions, and PayPal doesn't charge you anything, it's free. It takes a few days to set it up, so get it started now if you want to be in time for the teaching session at the end of this week.

What a clever idea! I hope to see more performers doing similar online concerts and teach-ins!

Edited by greenferry