Jeffries Duet Fingering Technique

From what I've read on various postings, the general view regarding the fingering for the following run:

B (4th octave)

A (4th octave)

G (3rd octave)

seems to be to use the index finger on all three notes.

I often do this. However, I've found that sometimes, depending on where you are coming from, and going to, on the keyboard, it is more logical (and smoother) to use the second finger to play the B note.

Regards,

Peter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently bought a 60 button Jeffries Duet that I will be receiving at the end of September.

Does anybody have a finger chart for that instrument?

Are the central 51 buttons the same or does the 60 button have a totally different layout?

Thanks in advance,

David

Edited by David Levine

I recently bought a 60 button Jeffries Duet that I will be receiving at the end of September.

Does anybody have a finger chart for that instrument?

Are the central 51 buttons the same or does the 60 button have a totally different layout?

Thanks in advance,

David

I think that this chart is for a 58 key (at a quick count), tuned in the key of "C". The core of the keyboard is the same for all instruments, however the 58/60 will have more of an overlap between ends than the 51.

You have a few weeks in which to build up those muscles, David!

http://www.concertina.com/jeffries-duet/Cl...ffries-Duet.pdf

Good luck!

Peter.

Peter, thanks a million. That is just the ticket.

Now in a year or so we should schedule a workshop for the half-dozen or so world-wide who play such an unlikely instrument as a Jeffries Duet.

Perhaps at Bradfield?

Now in a year or so we should schedule a workshop for the half-dozen or so world-wide who play such an unlikely instrument as a Jeffries Duet.

Perhaps at Bradfield?

I'd have to practice a bit, but nowadays, I don't even consider going as far north as London!

Regards,

Peter.