'sessions For The Rest Of Us'

I was going to post in the 'Why Do We Go To Session' thread, but I was afraid that it might cause a derailment there and everthing would turn into animal-talk. Didn't want to derail such a nice (....I mean, 'neat') thread.

I don't go to sessions, at least not so far, but I'll probably always have regular 'sessions' with our various pets -- play just for them. I'm being just a bit corny, but, also quite serious!

And, the 'why' of it is -- well, I guess if you believe that there's something to the butterfly effect, where every positive action and reaction matters, then I guess you could say I think it's doing the world some good.

My rabbit, for instance, who has a nice big cage right inside the house (....that's a long story....later..), was just sitting still quietly the other night, but when I started playing the concertina (which is a bit of a rare thing, lately), he began running around his cage in a circle, not from fear but just having fun.

I sometimes get very overwhelmed by all demands of our pets -- they all want so much personal attention. But, I'm finding ways to combine my concertina practice with giving out all the attention the animals call for.

So. Maybe I'm just the crazy lady who plays the concertina for a rabbit. And the dog, and...etc..

Coming to terms with my reality.....I am a crazy lady who plays for a rabbit. Hmm. Getting used to it.... :blink: :D

Coming to terms with my reality.....I am a crazy lady who plays for a rabbit. Hmm. Getting used to it.... :blink: :D

As always Wendy, very wise. Every morning I get up and look in the mirror and grin at the aging, rotund, nutter of a gnome staring back at me. He really is me, I found him after all these years of re-invention. Feels good.

Just last evening, I was playing out on the porch and some spring arrival birds really broke into song. Were they freaking out or joining in?