A Few More Heavy Breathing Tunes

Henk van Aalten

This morning I received a mail from Zak van der Vijver titled "A few more heavy breathing tunes" announcing three more tunes recorded by Zak in his specific style where the use of the air button means much more than only getting (rid of) some extra air.

I'm not sure if he plays the tunes with his Wheatstone C/G Anglo, but I already asked him for more details.

One thing is for sure: one of the tunes played by Zak is a Dutch tune. The title in Dutch is: "Daar bij de molen". In South African it is: "Daar by die Meule". It dates back from (just) before WW2. An original sound-files can he found at this page.

It is great that Zak submitted three more tunes and I'd like to finish with a big part of his e-mail:

Goeienaand Mynheer. Ek hoop alles is gesond en gelukkig met U. Ek sluit in 3 nuwe nommertjies vir u aandag asseblief.

Good evening Sir. I hope you are all healthy and lucky. I enclose 3 new tunes for your attention please, if you can use them that is. The tunes list was getting a bit heavy, me being all alone at the bottom, so I thought a bit of reinforceing was needed. Thank you. Zak.

Needless to say that the tunes can be found at the RTLP.