Traveling Down Under

Calling all the Aussies, I may be down there this winter (July). Gee, that way I'll get three winters in a row! Write me by message or email if you fancy a get-together. I've corresponded with Morgana a little bit already. Does anyone have contact info for Richard Evans? Please send it along if you do. We wrote back and forth a few years ago and I'd love to look him up.

Ken Coles

Calling all the Aussies, I may be down there this winter (July). Gee, that way I'll get three winters in a row! Write me by message or email if you fancy a get-together. I've corresponded with Morgana a little bit already. Does anyone have contact info for Richard Evans? Please send it along if you do. We wrote back and forth a few years ago and I'd love to look him up.

Ken Coles

Ken,

A few years ago I visited Richard. I must have his contact details somewhere. Will have a look and I hope it was not on the recently crashed hard disk. I will send the info as soon as I have found it.

It was a great experience to meet him!

Ken Coles

I live in tropical Queensland, so if you are coming this way we could get together??

Ken Coles

Dear Ken,

Richard Evans here. One of my spies told me you needed contact details. I don't have time lately to have much of a look at CN owing to too much concertina making as well as lots of playing. Also my internet connection is very slow so things take forever. As Scott wrote, my e-mali is revans@lisp.com.au telephone number 02 6355 2621 address is Lot 5 Sandham Rd. Bell NSW 2786. We are about two and a half hours drive from Sydney perched on the top of the Blue Mountains. We are also easily reached by train as the station is only abuot half a mile away. Though you do have to tell the guard to stop at Bell otherwise you end up in Lithgow which is about another twelve miles! If you visit in July you may even have to trudge through the snow to get here, it does snow now and again in the winter! You will be able to feed our wallabies which make good photo material.

Richard Evans

Well thanks for all the replies and emails, everyone.

Richard, that explains why I couldn't find Bell on any of my maps (I did have that name from our ancient correspondence about brass playing). I shall certainly do NSW and Vic (my meeting is in Melbourne at the end of July), don't know yet how far north I'll get. I want to get far enough from the coast to see some southern stars, maybe even in the company of someone with a telescope. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

Great to hear you will be visiting Australia. I would love to get together with you if you have the time. I also live in Melbourne. There are many Irish sessions around town and I run a very popular session every Tuesday night. Drop me an email (markmc@unimelb.edu.au) so we can make some plans.

Cheers,

Mark