Nasty Virus

Speaking to Graham recently he has experianced a computer virus which can read your address book and send Emails to all your friends who are then infected.

I have this morning received an Email from Henk which may or may not be OK.What concerns me is that it is from a third party not from Henk. Owing to this virus I am not going to open it and I thought I would warn you all of this problem which could sweep through this site.I shall contact Henk direct and get approval and I shall report back if it is OK.

Al

Speaking to Graham recently he has experianced a computer virus which can read your address book and send Emails to all your friends who are then infected.

I have this morning received an Email from Henk which may or may not be OK.What concerns me is that it is from a third party not from Henk. Owing to this virus I am not going to open it and I thought I would warn you all of this problem which could sweep through this site.I shall contact Henk direct and get approval and I shall report back if it is OK.

Al

Al,

This was not a virus but something I started while poking around in this website.

Your behaviour to this kind of mail is absolutely right and safe. I started this early this morning (just out of my bed) and while shopping I realised what the consequences could be. Anyway I allowed the application to make use of (a selection) of my gmail address list.

One of the funny consequences is that Roger Digby is now living in "Arnissa, Pella (Greece)". Anyway the application involved is great for mapping, but it adds not much more to our C.Net community.

Finally I should have been less impulsive, for which I am sorry :unsure:

...this website.
Whoa - that was a cool idea, Henk - I've looked at it, but how do I pinpoint the exact geographical spot? I mean the town/place is "big", in relation to the resolution you have on the satellite maps.

I'll come back to it later. But is adds yete a new dimension to c.net.

/Henrik

...this website.
Whoa - that was a cool idea, Henk - I've looked at it, but how do I pinpoint the exact geographical spot? I mean the town/place is "big", in relation to the resolution you have on the satellite maps.

I'll come back to it later. But is adds yete a new dimension to c.net.

/Henrik

You can modify your entry after you've got somewhere close with the town/city thing. It lets you click on the exact place.

Chris J

I had to leave and start again, but I am now back home in my native Essex! Not that I've anything against being in Greece, though these days you're more likely to find a bottle of Retsina in my fridge than a text of Aeschylus at my bedside!

I'm not sure that the provision adds much that a careful set of directions couldn't supply, but if it encourages more players to come out to Essex and find me that's fine by me.

Best wishes

Roger