World Map Of Concertina Players

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I really like the photo on Reto's frappr

Apply fertiliser liberally, and water in well! Oops!

Peter.

Thanks for the tip Peter. It really works! This is a different variety from those Reto has--no shell. Tell me, when is it safe to harvest? Will it continue to ripen on my widow sill if it's still a little green?

squashbox.jpg

Anyone have any anglo seed?

Jim

Yummy, Jum! Here in the frozen northlands all that green looks delectable! :P

Yes, well around here, climate is not a problem but raccoons, deer, and small children are. To protect my crop I use a lot of concertina wire.

Jim

We were told that concertina-making was a "cottage industry". Now the truth is out; it's actually a "cottage garden" industry! :o Harvest early, and you get a miniature, harvest late and it's a big bass, whilst most of us go for an intermediate size.

Must give "Uncle Colin" some more Anglo seeds. B)

Regards,

Peter.

We were told that concertina-making was a "cottage industry". Now the truth is out; it's actually a "cottage garden" industry! :o

Gives a new perspective on the term "hybrid concertina". :D

Has anybody yet tried to apply genetic engineering to them? Oh right, the Anglodeon and the Franglo! :)

What do you get when you cross a Crabb with a Crane? A flying crustacean? A bird that flies sideways? Nope, just some really wonderful duet concertinas. ;)

I wonder why Morgana (Ptollemy) has a pink symbol rather than a blue one?

Because on the day that she (and a canadian member) joined, the key was not working and she couldn't choose a type of instrument. I wrote to them to ask them to re-join (which should overwrite and correct the problem) but she hasn't done it yet.

............I think I'm the Canadian who joined today.........seemed to work OK.

It's fun..........the only problem I had was that I couldn't find a pic. of myself doing something sophisticated,like playing a concertina. So I posted one of myself in the Good Samaritan, in the East End of London, having a pint of London Pride. That's a little bit sophisticated, isn't it ?

Robin

............I think I'm the Canadian who joined today.........seemed to work OK.

It's fun..........the only problem I had was that I couldn't find a pic. of myself doing something sophisticated,like playing a concertina. So I posted one of myself in the Good Samaritan, in the East End of London, having a pint of London Pride. That's a little bit sophisticated, isn't it ?

Robin

I'm in. Robin was first so I suspect mine isn't showing up yet. There is the other Robin in Montreal also.

Robin

I'm in. Robin was first so I suspect mine isn't showing up yet. There is the other Robin in Montreal also.

Yes but he plays english concertina, doesnt count! :P

At this moment 10.30 pm Saturday (Queensland Australia time = 12.30 pm GMT) there are 66 members. I note that there are twice as many anglos (or should that be Anglos) as English concertinists.

I note a great gap in Northeast England, the modern heartland of the English concertina.

If we all (including me) get stuck in, the pins are going to be pretty dense there.

Roger (English concertina, Durham [the original Durham])

• 4 weeks later...

I joined Frappr today, and would be happy to add everyone to my map and all that, but, not only do I have a resistance lately to figuring out new things (websites, electronic gadgets, whatever), but the site moves VERY slowly for me.

It's partly my computer....we have dial-up, now (fine with me). But, I think it's also the site, Frappr, since other sites move along a bit more quickly.

So....anyway....I'm there, but I don't know how much I'll be able to develop my page there.

I get along a bit more quickly at Care2.com, and that has the potential for making a community network and all, though not the nice mapping option. I started a blog there, but, basically I don't care for blogging much so....hmmm.

Anyway.....whatever.

Robin

Yes but he plays english concertina, doesnt count! :P

Plus I'm also in Glasgow for most of this year - so I don't count for two reasons :o