New Google Service

Hi all,

Hello after what seems like quite a long absence. Probably very peaceful for you all.

Google have now provided a new service. Enter "define" before your search term and Google will provide a definition before giving the search results. Enter "define concertina" and this is what you get:

Web Definition: concertina - coiled barbed wire used as an obstacle

So there you have it. I wonder sometimes why we bother.

Chris

Good point. Earlier this year, I sent a concertina via UPS to a customer in the Detroit area. They refused to deliver it on the grounds that it was a "restricted article". Eventually it was all sorted out, but not until some phone calls were made. I now define packages as "Concertina (musical instrument)".

Good point. Earlier this year, I sent a concertina via UPS to a customer in the Detroit area. They refused to deliver it on the grounds that it was a "restricted article". Eventually it was all sorted out, but not until some phone calls were made. I now define packages as "Concertina (musical instrument)".

I've found that whenever you're shipping a concertina (out of country, overseas... anywhere where you need to enter a description...) it's best to simply list it as an "accordion". I know, it's painful :rolleyes:, but it sure makes it easier.

Paul