And What About This One?

Daniel Hersh

I'm pretty sure this is a Lachenal

I'm pretty sure it's a Jones.

Seems to lack accuracy in the cut of the fretwork to be a Lachenal, but can't really see any Jones features either.

Perhaps the ends have been remade/replaced at some point?

MC

Edited by malcolm clapp

Well it is at least an English made concertina, the metal levers are clearly visible, and I think I can convince myself that I can see Lachenal type pivots through the fretwork.

Here is a 28-button lachenal. I agree there is are differences but I've never seen a wooden-ended Jones with fretwork this fine. That doesn't mean there is no such thing though. Has anyone got a similar instrument to settle it?

Well it is at least an English made concertina, the metal levers are clearly visible, and I think I can convince myself that I can see Lachenal type pivots through the fretwork.

I've just looked at one of the pictures blown up and I think I see the Lachenal pivot too.

Here is a 28-button lachenal. I agree there is are differences but I've never seen a wooden-ended Jones with fretwork this fine.

What do you think of this one? G. Jones, #26726.post-13-1139303069_thumb.jpg

Intersting. The 'plate' for the buttons is the same on the Jones as the mystery one but the fretwork pattern is different and finer. So much for my coarse fretwork theory though! It would be intersting to see inside it for confirmation.

Here is a 28-button lachenal. I agree there is are differences but I've never seen a wooden-ended Jones with fretwork this fine.
So much for my coarse fretwork theory...! It would be intersting to see inside it for confirmation.

OK. I've put up 4 photos on this page: the end, the Jones label, the reed pan, and the action.

So much for my coarse fretwork theory...! It would be intersting to see inside it for confirmation.

OK. I've put up 4 photos on this page: the end, the Jones label, the reed pan, and the action.

Thanks Jim..........................although I meant the one on ebay! And it is interesting that I keep getting interesting wrong..................

Edited by Paul Read

• 3 weeks later...

It's back! Same seller, and this time described as a Jones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7394317189 .

Daniel

Here is a 28-button lachenal. I agree there is are differences but I've never seen a wooden-ended Jones with fretwork this fine. That doesn't mean there is no such thing though. Has anyone got a similar instrument to settle it?

It's back! Same seller, and this time described as a Jones: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7394317189 .

Daniel

This time we can see the reeds and they look like Jones broad reeds to me.