Concertina Players Or Irish Sessions In S. Carolina

Joe S.

Joe,

By coincidence I was investigating (from an online perspective) Greenville just yesterday. I had been contacted about doing some consulting work in the area and was trying to get a feel for it.

While I can't answer your question directly, I did find three "Irish" pubs listed with a Greenville address (Connoly's, Dougal Maguire's and Sharkey's) and so I suggest you call or visit them and ask if they either hold sessions or know of anyone in the area that does. I expect that between the three you ought to be able to mine some useful information.

You might also take a peek at the website for Skeeziks since I note they mention playing at Dougal Maguire's and the band includes a concertina player.

I turned down the consulting job by the way. Too far from my west coast home and too long a duration there. Now Las Vegas had been proposed so I'm looking into that area today.

Good luck,

Bruce

Hi Joe,

I do not live in Greenville any more but there is a session (Dougal McGuire's?). So check around. I'm a long-time anglo player, and I live nearby in Tryon (35 miles from Greenville) and work in Spartanburg. We have an irregular monthly session at the Green Onion in Landrum and you are certainly welcome to join in.

If you are interested in our session or want to talk, contact me directly via the Forum Messenger.

Best regards,

Ross Schlabach

Thanks Ross and Bruce !

That will help a bunch, one source of info usually leads to others and so on.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I do not live in Greenville any more but there is a session (Dougal McGuire's?). So check around. I'm a long-time anglo player, and I live nearby in Tryon (35 miles from Greenville) and work in Spartanburg. We have an irregular monthly session at the Green Onion in Landrum and you are certainly welcome to join in.

If you are interested in our session or want to talk, contact me directly via the Forum Messenger.

Best regards,

Ross Schlabach