Looking For Player's

ronf

Hi all---I am the new kid on the block-(new to the forum that is) I live in central Nebraska and have been searching for other player's of our beloved instrument in this area for the last fifteen year's. No luck so far, but I would sure like to get together with one or more of you and do some "jamming"---------Ronf

;) Okay, I had to add to this post. I feel like I'm gong crazy. Didn't this post start before Nov. 3? And didn't Ken Coles or perhaps someone else respond that the person probably would not find another concertina player in Nebraska, but to try to hook up with a fiddler?

Please tell me this is so. Otherwise, maybe I should go play the lottery (if I'm dreaming up things before they happen.)

Help.

Helen

And didn't Ken Coles or perhaps someone else respond that the person probably would not find another concertina player in Nebraska, but to try to hook up with a fiddler?

Please tell me this is so.

You're not going crazy, Helen. Perhaps just a little dotty. That was me. I also could not bear to see a message from a new member go unanswered, so I wrote:

Ronf-

You may not find any concertina players in your part of town, but you might have better luck searching out fiddle players. Concertina and fiddle is a much nicer combination (to my mind) than more than one concertina playing together.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Helen,

How did you know I wrote ronf offline? very good!

I just suggested a post with a separate topic, rather than in the middle of an unrelated thread. Jim should get credit for the more productive idea of finding a fiddle player.