Music Genie Gives You Three Instruments

Helen

Hey Wendy, what kind of piano accordion?

I'm wishing for one and I'll share.

Helen

I have two piano accordions...a HUGE Pancordion that we got for about $45. at a country auction (a lucky find). I like it and wouldn't part with it (though, I was once offered $50. for it... :blink: ). It kills my back and gives me bruises on my legs when I play it, usually, but...whatever...I still play it sometimes.

I also have a smaller, Hohner piano accordion. It's new and I like it...have a bit of trouble getting used to a different 'wingspan' -- its 'respiratory rate' is higher than the Pancordion's -- but, it's great, and doesn't beat me up.

I just today received a great accordion CD, BTW....'Vaudeville Accordion Classics' The Complete Works of Guido Deiro -- by Henry Doktorski (classical accordionist).

Henry Doktorski plays a free bass accordion (I love his playing)....I thought I'd want one of those, was set on getting one...but, then I decided that I really do like the Stradella system piano accordion. (Both have a piano keyboard...but, the Stradella has the traditional circle-of-fifths bass arrangement, while a free bass has more possibilities for bass buttons, is considered more versatile.)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Doktorski plays a free bass accordion (I love his playing)....I thought I'd want one of those, was set on getting one...but, then I decided that I really do like the Stradella system piano accordion.

BB,

I seem to recall seeing an accordian in a catalogue which would allow both Stradella and free bass to be used, selected by some sort of lever/button on the bass end. Would this help in your dilema?

Clive.

Joining this thread very late on, so that will make my response to the original message probably rather boring. Since I already have 2 of my 3 instruments I suppose my wish must be that the genie doesn't remove them - that's my Dipper C/D baritone and my Morse G/D. If he or she could just jolly the Dippers along a bit to finish the G/D I've had on order for a while now then I would be, as the Americans say, all set.

Chris

Gosh Chris,

You can join in whenever you want. Nice to have you back.

No, no the musical genie is not going to steal your instruments. What kind of genies do you have where you come from?

Well, if you only want your on order instrument jollied along then you can wish for treats for our Island adventure.

But I think you should ask for 3 instruments. What about bones, bells, drums? Ear plugs?