Music Genie Gives You Three Instruments

Helen

:rolleyes: The music genie visits your house and allows you to pick any 3 musical instruments. He or she (don't know which one you'll get) is the MUSIC genie and can not give you world peace or abolish hunger. Though it's nice of you to want to use a few wishes for such noble purposes.

I suppose, being magical, the genie could give you vintage instruments as well as new.

So, what will you pick?

Helen :D :rolleyes: :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the first pick

any one of the 3 depending on what the Genie had in inventory

a. All original Torres Classical guitar

b. All original Santos Hernandez flamenco guitar

c. Martin 00-28K from the 20's or 30's

second....low c/g jefffries or c#/g#

third...early grey paolo soprani 23 button flat keyboard melodeon in c#/d or b/c

jeff

I suppose, being magical, the genie could give you vintage instruments as well as new.

Being magical, could (s)he give me instruments with musicl powers? E.g., an English that would enable me to play like Simon Thoumire, or an anglo I could play like Niall Vallely, or a guitar that I could actually play? :)

I was lucky enough to have access to a medium-sized Steinway grand piano (not sure what model) when I was at University - which I still miss, even 10 years on... so I'd like one of those. A nice big MacCann duet extending right down into the depths of the bass register would be nice as well. And I fancy having a go at learning hammered dulcimer.

But I'd have to insist it was all done in part-exhange for existing instruments, to make some room first :rolleyes:

I would have to have a fiddle, concertina and maybe my martin guitar which i still haven't got around to playing after a year.

Could I also request a session to play them in on a nice tropical sunny island with plenty of friends and booze of course.

:D

Sharron

:D Yes Jim,

The genie will give you musical powers, especially if you then played for everyone who joins this thread.

Okay, Stuart,

You're terms sound reasonable. Heck, I'd teach you hammer dulcimer. The genie could probably pass on your traded in instruments to another, hm what would you call us, donees, wishgetters, recipients?

Sharron,

Absolutely, but you have to take me along.

Hey this is fun.

Helen

:rolleyes: :D :o :lol:

Could I also request a session to play them in on a nice tropical sunny island with plenty of friends and booze of course.

:D

I think it would depend on what sort of booze you want. Piña coladas should be easy, but a good English bitter at the right temperature might be a bit of a stretch. :)

Darn it Jim, I think I also need a refridgerator to keep the cold beers in. Pina Coladas just won't hit the spot.

Helen, of course you are invited, you started this :lol:

Sharron

PS can we also have a fridge big enough to house everyone's beers, it gets mighty thirsty work :P

:rolleyes: Okay Sharron,

We'll get one of the people who have not yet responded to tell the genie that they always wanted to play a refrigerator. That can be one of their 3 musical wishes.

Gee Jim,

You must be new to this magical stuff. OF COURSE you can have your bitters at whatever temperature you want. We'll just have to get another new responder to tell the genie that he or she always wanted to play an unlimited amount of bitters.

And that they have to be at a precise temperature for full volume and tone. Sounds doable.

Now see, wasn't that easy. You guys are too rooted in reality.

Now this is really getting to be fun.

We'll get one of the people who have not yet responded to tell the genie that they always wanted to play a refrigerator.

Well, if Malcolm Aronold can get away with writing a piece that involves a floor-polisher, a fridge shouldn't be too far-fetched.

And The Fall once made an LP that credited someone as playing "bottles and wheels" - so we can probably get away with the beer as a "musical instrument"...

This is easy:

The Atkinson (so-called "French") horn that I already have.

The anglo that I have on order from a major maker.

The other anglo that I have on order from another, newer maker.

That's as far as my amibition goes right now. And I may actually get my wishes!

You must be new to this magical stuff. OF COURSE you can have your bitters at whatever temperature you want. We'll just have to get another new responder to tell the genie that he or she always wanted to play an unlimited amount of bitters.

Heard recently at a concert or jam (I now forget where. Edited for a family audience):

Two Irishmen are on a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean. Now shipwrecked, they float along in a small boat, with no food or water. After a couple of days they are getting pretty loopy. Along floats a crate. One of the men grabs it and opens it up. Inside is nothing but a teapot. "Useless!" cries the second man. But the first stares at it a while and, figuring he has nothing to lose, rubs it. To their surprise out comes a genie.

"You may have one wish. Now make it a good one boys, think about it first."

The man holding the teapot says, "You know what I really wish for is that this whole ocean would turn into Guinness."

POOF! It is done and the genie vanishes.

"You Eejit!" shouts the second man. "Now where are we going to relieve ourselves???"

:o Oh great Stuart, now we are all set.

I dunno Ken. I'm Irish and I think my relatives would agree with the shipwrecked men! Gosh, you are gonna get all 3 wishes. How neat.

Kevin, could you tell the genie that the pipes include bottles of bitters, beer, whiskey in order to function?

Now if we can just get the fridge....

Helen :rolleyes:

My three intruments would be:

(1) My Norman Anglo 30 button which I adore :)

(2) A Welsh Triple harp, and the ability to play it without going cross-eyed! ;)

(I've played a double string harp and that was hard enough!)

(3) My upright player piano, was has magiacally found it's way into my house

from my Mother's farm (even though it's too big to fit through my front door)

which has also been magically restored and tuned :)

But I would give up the last two for a weekly session with good friends :D

Cheers,

Morgana

:We'll get one of the people who have not yet responded to tell the genie that they always wanted to play a refrigerator. That can be one of their 3 musical wishes.

Sounds right. Wasn't "refrigerador" the name of the percussion instrument Richard Feynman said he played with a band when he was in Brazil?

:o Oh great Stuart, now we are all set.

I dunno Ken. I'm Irish and I think my relatives would agree with the shipwrecked men! Gosh, you are gonna get all 3 wishes. How neat.

Kevin, could you tell the genie that the pipes include bottles of bitters, beer, whiskey in order to function?

Now if we can just get the fridge....

Helen :rolleyes:

Ah, what do you call the instrument that consists of a series of glasses or bottles partially filled with liquid, so each a tuned to a different pitch. But it just has to be one that never goes out of tune: no matter how much you drink, it always magically refills to the original level. :)