'the Rainbow Connection' Chords For Ec

bellowbelle

I don't bother to mention here every song that I chart-out chords for, but there are AT LEAST 39 CHORD CHANGES in this song, 'The Rainbow Connection' -- and so, after getting that one 'down,' I am feeling quite accomplished today.

I still need to practice it more...can't even play it all that well, yet. Then, too, it takes a lot of polishing to get some of these songs to sound very good on the concertina.

Anyway, if you want to see what's driven me a bit nuts today, see my photo gallery 'The Rainbow Connection' chords

Hi Wendy,

I've always liked this song. I remember watching the movie with my daughter and singing along to it with her.

Why did you transpose it to E? To fit your voice better?

I've been playing around with my ukulele lately. This song would be perfect for it. I think concertina and uke would be an excellent instrumental combo and this would be a fun song for the two of them together.

BTW, I have some music arranged for uke and it looks like it would be perfect for the EC. The arrangements are a lot like you see for EC, one melody line with occasional chords and maybe some simple occasional counter runs. One book is The Classical Ukulele by John King, but there is also a ton of other music arranged for uke. It's at http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/ Greensleeves is in this book and it looks perfect for EC, on the easy side to play.

Between the crane duet and the uke I haven't had time to pick up the EC. The crane's going well and my pinkies (whoops....... my little fingers) are improving. Boy, does my right pinky get a workout in sharp keys! Maybe sometime over the holiday I'll get a chance to try some uke arrangements on EC.

Let me know how things go with this song.

bruce boysen

Back in the 90s, I used to sing for a Punk/Ska band. We did a cover of this song as the ending to every set.

Wonderful song, but no end of complaints from the band on the difficulty playing it while highly intoxicated. It definately qualifies as an accomplishment to learn it.

Someday we'll find it...

On an aside, for everybody who's PMs I seemed to ignore of late, I apologize. My comp, well...it blew up. Took a month to get my laptop replaced by the company. I was having some severe internet withdrawl.

I think concertina and uke would be an excellent instrumental combo and this would be a fun song for the two of them together.

Bruce,

Your remark did ring a bell!! During my quest for concertina-soundfiles on the internet I regularly discover files that I (for several reasons) do not publish on the Recorded Tunes Link Page. However sometimes they are so weird that I bookmark them and yes... on one of them a combination of concertina and ukelele can be heard. So listen (and shudder) to The Wind Cries Mary (5.8 Mb) by "Sonic Uke" with Howie Leifer on concertina and Marlon Cherry on percussion :blink:

BTW: for some reason I always think of Stuart Estell when I hear this tune :unsure: :huh:

I think concertina and uke would be an excellent instrumental combo and this would be a fun song for the two of them together.

So listen (and shudder) to The Wind Cries Mary (5.8 Mb) by "Sonic Uke" with Howie Leifer on concertina and Marlon Cherry on percussion :blink:

BTW: for some reason I always think of Stuart Estell when I hear this tune :unsure: :huh:

Henk,

Ouch! My ears!!!

bruce

...............................................................................................So listen (and shudder) to The Wind Cries Mary (5.8 Mb) by "Sonic Uke" with Howie Leifer on concertina and Marlon Cherry on percussion...........................................

:D :blink: Uh...well, I was about to say that I think it's kinda cool sounding...maybe just cut out the 'Tiny Tim' thing at the end. Anyway, it's sounds kinda interesting.

Just a quick (for me, anyway) note...gotta go, lots to do, with Thanksgiving being tomorrow...

Bruce, I changed the key to 'The Rainbow Connection' for my voice, yes. Nothing to do with the concertina. Actually, in A, which would be the highter key for me in this case, I can use more vocal power, but it just sounded off, just not right. (I know I don't sound GREAT all that often, anyway, but, I mean....I still reserve the privilege of having an opinion about what sounds better! :D )

Happy Thanksgiving to all....if you 'do' that day at this time.

Snow coming tomorrow, they say. Yuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce,

Your remark did ring a bell!! During my quest for concertina-soundfiles on the internet I regularly discover files that I (for several reasons) do not publish on the Recorded Tunes Link Page. However sometimes they are so weird that I bookmark them and yes... on one of them a combination of concertina and ukelele can be heard. So listen (and shudder) to The Wind Cries Mary (5.8 Mb) by "Sonic Uke" with Howie Leifer on concertina and Marlon Cherry on percussion :blink:

Henk,

In case you are interested, I was playing a Crabb 12 button english mini on Wind Cries Mary. Howie Leifer