The Highland Sessions

I have just watched the first of a new Folk programme on BBC4 called "The Highland Sessions"54439164

It is advertised as Scottish and Irish Gaelic music.It featured as one of the backing musicians Nial Vallely.

I can recommend this programme,excellent music and singing.

Do not miss it.

Al

Edited by Alan Day

How do you get BBC 4? I think I can only get BBC 1 & BBC 2.Do I have to pay extra or buy some sort of box?Please advise in clear terms as I am not very technically minded.

Hi Mark

Go down to Hillsborough or Sheffield and take your pick of the shops such as Comet, Makro, Aldi, whatever and buy a terrestrial Freeview Digibox for anything between £30 and £100. Also buy a Scart lead. Take it home set it up in accordance with the instructions and Bingo there will be BBC4. I trust you have a reasonably modern TV and get a good signal from Emley Moor or whatever is closest.

Pete

How do you get BBC 4? I think I can only get BBC 1 & BBC 2.Do I have to pay extra or buy some sort of box?Please advise in clear terms as I am not very technically minded.

Mark,

Its pretty much as Pete says, but the salesmen may try to tell you you need a 'Top Up TV' compatible (or card-slot) set top box. Ignore them, as this will cost you an extra £20 on the basic price, and just gives you the optional to receive a few more channels, but at £7 a month. You may also need a co-ax to co-ax lead, as the box goes in between your TV and the aerial lead.

Edited by wes williams

I watched this programme again last night ,the second in the series.Not quite as good as the first but worth watching for the last song ,absolutely fantastic.

Al

Edited to take out that the programme will be repeated on Sunday night ,not according to the TV paper,

so the person who I reminded about this programme and who said he would watch the repeat on Sunday has missed it.

Edited by Alan Day