Holiday Instrument Wish List

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we expect you to honor the tradition? If your concertina arrives in the next few days, will you have the will power to, "Do not open until Christmas !"

Sorry - but no possible chance!!

It is now in Taiwan, delayed by a flight cancallation :(

Sorry - but no possible chance!!

OK. Rod. Good answer.

We now know you are:

1. An honest man.

2. Have no more will power than the rest of us.

3. Deserve our prayers and best wishes that the concertina makes the last leg of its journey and arrives by Christmas Eve.

A prayer and best wishes,

Greg

PS. Please exercise some restraint and do not injure yourself ripping into the shipping carton and packaging once your concertina arrives!

PPS. I'm sure we'd all love to see a picture of you and your new squeeze.

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

The missus wants Santa to bring a sound-proofed music room.

In my case the missus considers the porch a sound-proof room and taps on the window for me to stop when she thinks the neighborhood has had a belly-full. :(

Oddly enough, she likes sessions as long as they are at the house. Says she, "It sounds better when you play with other people" <_< .

PPS. I'm sure we'd all love to see a picture of you and your new squeeze.

Don't worry, the digital is all charged up & ready to go!!

She is now in Sydney, having been stuck in Taiwan for 24 hours waiting for aircraft repairs (two flights cancelled).

Not impatient . . . not impatient . . . not impatient . . .

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....

Takes you back to being a kid doesn't it?

"Now just close your eyes, Rod. Get a little sleep. Santa will be here before you know it. He'll leave that little Suttner under the tree. In the morning, after you wake up, you can open up your present and play all day if you'd like. But right now it is time to close your eyes."

Tick tock, tick tock....

"MOM!! I'm not sleepy!"

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....

It will be worth the wait.

Greg

She is now in Sydney, having been stuck in Taiwan for 24 hours waiting for aircraft repairs (two flights cancelled).

Oh dear, latest news headlines: "Mail truck hijacked near Coffs Harbour by beardrd Pom armed with jewellers' screwdriver and needle file".

:D :D :D :D

Edited by malcolm clapp

Oh dear, latest news headlines: "Mail truck hijacked near Coffs Harbour by beardrd Pom armed with jewellers' screwdriver and needle file".

I've added to the delivery instructions - "Avoid the Coffs Harbour Area - ship via Perth". ;)

But - the Customs stung me for five and a zac!! :( (Actually nearly $500).

At least it is on the road (or air) again!!!

But - the Customs stung me for five and a zac!! :( (Actually nearly $500).

Ouch!

But that's the 10% GST (actually 10% of 125% of the declared value)

Pre-GST, you would have been up for 22.5% sales tax plus Customs Duty at I can't remember what per cent, so you've really got off lightly.

Still hurts though, eh?

MC

Edited by malcolm clapp

Still hurts though, eh?

MC

"It's not that I'm broke

or in need of a smoke,

But - they stung me for five and a zac!"

They tell me "tomorrow morninig"!!

one more sleep . . .

(Why - after more than 4 years on the waiting list does that seem like a long time ? - I'm 55, not five years old!!!)

Status report, Rod.

You have us all invested and involved now.

We still have another day on our side of the globe but time is running out for Santa where you live.

Let us know the latest.

Greg

PS. If a certain repairman/concertina pirate intercepts your parcel, I have it on good authority that he would demand a ransom payment of a pearl encrusted chemnitzer.

:D :D :D :D

It's ok don't worry. As Malcolm knows there is a pretty tough Oz living in Coff's Harbour who will ride shotgun on the mail truck if we ask her nicely. Only cost the same as a couple of dozen reeds or so B)

There's world wide interest now! It'll be on CNN and Al Jazeera next.

Chris

She's here !!! :D

Absolutely brilliant - looks and sounds. :rolleyes:

Arrived yesterday - would have replied sooner, but took this long to prise my fingers off the buttons!! :)

All I can say is it was worth the wait!!

Happy Christmas to all !!!

(Now going back to playing)

P.S. I will give a fuller report soon, but first impressions are the tone and lightness of the action (and speed).

I am a fan of wooden ends, and this little beast justifies my opinion (at least to me). It is a bright, but not harsh tone, and doesn't seem to need any breaking in.

It is all I had hoped, and a little more.

As I said - more to follow

Rod :)

post-695-1135418516_thumb.jpg

Surely is a very attractive young maiden. Be gentle with her ...

Chris

PS agree with you about wooden ends. Whenever I've owned metal ended boxen I've always put in leather baffles to get something of the same effect.

Edited by Chris Timson